FRPS sensor failure

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
My question is.........is there any type of fix for this other then just buying the oem part?
I noticed people saying, "oh i've went through 4 or 5 of them".
I honestly think this is nutz, these thing cost over 40 bucks a pop and if they go bad that easy, thats honestly crap.
Please tell me there is a fix for this.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
they mess up apparently when you take a trip to the Fuel cutoff but ive done this before and i think i smell gas in the oil but my FRPS still stays at a consistent 39psi

:shrug:

Nick

ModsAway

Established Member
95YellowGTBeast said:
they mess up apparently when you take a trip to the Fuel cutoff but ive done this before and i think i smell gas in the oil but my FRPS still stays at a consistent 39psi

:shrug:

Nick

39psi? Are you seeing this on an aftermarket gauge or datalogging the FRPS directly somehow? I see 29psi at idle on my autometer gauge remote mounted to the fuel rail, just want to make sure this is normal...

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
ModsAway said:
39psi? Are you seeing this on an aftermarket gauge or datalogging the FRPS directly somehow? I see 29psi at idle on my autometer gauge remote mounted to the fuel rail, just want to make sure this is normal...

datalogging with my predator

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
i see 29 as well but only at idle, good hard pull takes it to the 40's with 60lbs injectors, fuel rails, and upgraded pumps (600rwhp).

never had one of these go, but also curious why some people seem to pop them so much, is it just hitting the rev limiter or something else too?

Rick Green

Established Member
FPRS-rev limiter

yeasure said:
My question is.........is there any type of fix for this other then just buying the oem part?
I noticed people saying, "oh i've went through 4 or 5 of them".
I honestly think this is nutz, these thing cost over 40 bucks a pop and if they go bad that easy, thats honestly crap.
Please tell me there is a fix for this.
Have you had Ford run diagnostics- I lost constant control relay module, thinking it was a bad FPRS. Losing lots of them indicates voltage problems from somewhere else.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Oh i'm not having any problems but after seeing so many with this problem i made a post because i couldn't find a possible fix thats all.

Users who are viewing this thread