FRPS or Fuel pump taking a crap?

force feed

Established Member
Ok so the other day I was driving and went into boost to avoid getting hit. I was low on gas, don't remember hitting the rev limiter or not. I come to a red light and let when the light turns green I put it into gear and the car dies. I try n crank it and it starts and dies again. The next day I change the fuel filter and it was pretty dirty. I checked all the plugs and oil. Everything checked out. I turn it on and it fires right up. Today I drove it for about 20 min and it did the same shit. I let it sit for 20 min and it fired up again. I hooked up a after market fuel pressure gauge and at idle it stays at 29-30 and when I unplugged the line on the FRPS is jumped to 39-40. I haven't checked it under load yet

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Any codes thrown? It is possible that the frps is going bad.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Had that happen to a neighbors V6. It would die at random times. Eventually it left her stranded at an intersection. I replaced the pump and it's still going as far as I know. But it threw a code for secondary fuel circuit.

Oscar Sierra

Established Member
FRPS, pumps, or boost bypass is stuck open or closed. I just read another member having similar issues cutting out bucking while driving and it was the boost bypass. Now don't ask me how to fix it or where it is, i'm just a banker with pocket$ and a lead foot. good luck!

force feed

Established Member
FRPS, pumps, or boost bypass is stuck open or closed. I just read another member having similar issues cutting out bucking while driving and it was the boost bypass. Now don't ask me how to fix it or where it is, i'm just a banker with pocket$ and a lead foot. good luck!
Lol it was actually the FRPS

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This has be thinking. Now I know the frps can go bad in two ways, right? Electrically and mechanically, no? When mine went bad I didn't have any gas smell in the oil, but for safety I still changed the oil.

force feed

Established Member
This has be thinking. Now I know the frps can go bad in two ways, right? Electrically and mechanically, no? When mine went bad I didn't have any gas smell in the oil, but for safety I still changed the oil.

My oil had a very very faint smell to it. I've changed the plugs, oil filter, oil, fuel filter and the FRPS. I data logged yesterday and everything seems to be running normal. Put about 70 miles on it so far with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread