Frpp tvs value?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If you had the CARB EO sticker and the supercharger, there's no way they would know what tune is on the car.
The calibration ID is unique and can be read during the Smog inspection for model year 2001+. *Technically* a factory calibration, even if altered to run the TVS properly, wouldnt correlate with whats registered with the CARB EO number on the supercharger as its supposed to be a kit. The CARB EO number specifically refers to a list of parts are that are registered to the # and what the calibration ID should be if there has been a reflash needed for the parts installed.

I asked a Smog tech friend of mine when I worked in San Diego about it. He told me if his visual inspection finds an EO sticker he is supposed to enter them into the computer and then perform the scan. If the EO requires a specific calibration it will look for it. He even told me that its possible for the newer cars to fail if the factory tune has been altered regardless of calibration id. That may be a stretxh, but thats what he told me

To CARB, Smog testing is serious. Which is why I moved my ass the hell out of CA lol

***EDIT*** This all depends on how serious the Smog tech is about their visual. He/she could take a quick peak, not know what he/she is looking for and start the scan with no EO entry and it could pass. Technically, it should fail based on the visual. All depends on the tech.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread