FRPP Superpak for '07-'09's

kens88gt

Established Member
I was ready to pull the trigger on the FRPP 605hp Superpak, but then saw where Ford offers a 750hp Superpak for the '10's. Anyone hear anything if Ford will be releasing a 700hp +/- version for the '07's-'09's??

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I asked that question from Whipple (Dustin?) and he said that there would be an '07-'09 FRPP kit. When I asked when the kit may be released, he did not respond. Not an entirely fair question I suppose, as I'm sure Whipple won't have much to do regarding the upcoming release, other than having the blowers made.

I'd just be happy with the blower (2.9) along with the FRPP ProCal II tuner and a fat (safe) FRPP tune. I'd assume (as it would seem you do here as well) that it wouldn't match the power levels of the '10 kits due to it not being tuned as aggressively (no knock sensor).

In other words, I'm with ya.

Tob

kens88gt

Established Member
Good info. Guess I'll wait a little longer. Wonder if I call FRPP if they would shed a little more light on this??

smaxson

Mustangs and F150's
Established Member
I talked with Ray from FRPP at Back to 50's this Summer and again yesterday on the phone. He says that Ford is working on a 660 TVS and 750 Whipple kit for the '07-'09 models. BUT the trick is the tune. The '10 has a knock sensor and more advanced engine control system. Without the knock sensor getting the protection that Ford desires is the issue. They are working on it but no delivery date yet.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
you could always by a Whipple 2.9 an have a dyno tune that is really really safe

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You know, I have no problem chipping/swapping/tricking/etc the A9L in my fox chassis cars. Ditching the air pump, rerouting coolant lines, switching out heads, water pumps, injectors, intakes, distributors, cranks, cams, timing chains, throttle bodies, mass air sensor and intake tract, headers...anything you could think of. Not to mention changing every single component within the 8.8" rear to aftermarket, swapping in a Tremec 3550, torque arms, panhard bars, big brake kits, you name it. I couldn't wait to do it all and to get rid of the huge compromise that was the 'best' Ford had to offer at the time. Nobody laid a hand on anything but me. Ah...the memories (now alone in the dark in the corner of the shop)

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

<hijack off>

But I approach this car differently. Maybe its the different emissions tests that my '09 is now subjected to. Or the potential for a big expenditure necessitated by a warranty negation. That is why I like the idea of the FRPP CAI kit, or the TVS kit from them as well. Factory backing and development (whether contracted to Roush or not) inspires 100% confidence.

And while I give credit to the guys that are willing to tear deep into these motors at this point in the life cycle of their vehicles (typically pretty low mileage), I probably wouldn't go further than a blower change, etc. Maybe when the car is well out of warranty.

With that mindset, I can accept the 2.9 Whipple switch. But only with the blessing of FRPP.

kens88gt

Established Member
+1000 to what Tob says. My '88 is sitting in the driveway with yet another blown head gasket and partially torn apart.
My perspective on my GT500 is very much different.
The FRPP 660hp is exactly what the doctor ordered for me; wish they would give an ETA on the release date.
Big thanks to Smaxson for making that call.

Users who are viewing this thread