FRPP Supercharger at the time of delivery?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I have a question about having a FRPP installed at the time or prior to taking delivery of the vehicle from the dealer. First off, has anyone done this? Will most dealers do this for you (whether you purchase the kit yourself or their service dept purchase it and have the dealer install it)?

I think this would be an awesome deal, and am surprised I havent heard more about people doing this. Order the GT you want and work a FRPP supercharger kit into the deal, the car comes in, dealer installs the kit, and you drive off in a brand new 5.0 with a blower! Not only that, but the car is still under a warranty (albeit a bit more limited than your standard 36mo/36k mile warranty), which is a 12mo/12k mile warranty with a maximum payout of $8,000 between engine, trans and rear end.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/warranty/FORD_RACING_LIMITED_WARRANTY_2011.pdf

NightriderWRX

Established Member
I've had my 624 kit installed by the dealer at the time of purchase. I had the car for a total of maybe 8 hours prior to get the window's tinted; the next day the car was brought to the dealership; where everything was installed. At least I know for the satisfaction of knowing that everything was done by a reputable dealership in the long run.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
yes you can buy the car an have the blower installed same day an get the warrenty.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
That is awesome to hear, and sounds promising to someone who wants a good deal more power out of the car but doesnt want to kill the warranty right off the bat.

Are there any speicific break-in periods for this versus the stock engine, like dont go into boost until XXX miles or something?

Also, did the dealer cut you any break on the kit itself or the labor, and what did the dealer typically charge for labor?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I've had my 624 kit installed by the dealer at the time of purchase. I had the car for a total of maybe 8 hours prior to get the window's tinted; the next day the car was brought to the dealership; where everything was installed. At least I know for the satisfaction of knowing that everything was done by a reputable dealership in the long run.

does it matter if you go with the FRPP or the Whipple kit?

99redmustang

Established Member
That is awesome to hear, and sounds promising to someone who wants a good deal more power out of the car but doesnt want to kill the warranty right off the bat.

Are there any speicific break-in periods for this versus the stock engine, like dont go into boost until XXX miles or something?

Also, did the dealer cut you any break on the kit itself or the labor, and what did the dealer typically charge for labor?

Alos, interested in what the labor charge was and how much the kit was form the dealer...Thanks.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
FRPP/Whipple kits are shipped directly to the purchaser/dealer from Whipple in California. They aren't stocked in FRPP warehouses, as they are built to order. Once the kit is received, the vehicle owner or installing dealer must forward the relevant PCM serial numbers to FRPP. FRPP then forwards the necessary calibration data that can then be installed via FRPP's ProCal tuner.

Just an FYI if you think it can be installed at purchase. You'll be waiting a few days.

pohnjarker

Established Member
this is pretty cool, i'm currently looking for a new GT so i'll ask about this next time i talk to the dealer...see if i can get a quote on the work and roll it into the loan

NightriderWRX

Established Member
As far as the kit goes. I went through Ford to order my Whipple/Ford Racing 624 kit. Ever since I began looking at the car prior to a month of the eta; I ensured the kit was ordered. Most dealerships won't do this; unless money is in hand (I had mine ordered and worked into the deal prior to the car arriving.) So luckily the kit arrived a few weeks before the car arrived. I would strongly recommend that if you do it this way; make sure to open the box to get the calibrator code, you must enter the information in via Ford's website to receive your pro cal tool. I couldn't be happier with the end result of my purchase. As far as the dealership installing it free of charge; well I had mine installed for free; due to being the first one to have done the kit in St. Louis, MO. The dealership wanted to offer it for a one time type deal; in hopes of turning more customers in the long run. I wouldn't steer anyone away from this dealership they don't shoot the sh*t; they are straight and to the point; to which I appreciate business that way.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
A bit more on the ProCal from when I did the FRPP/Whipple 2.9 install on my GT500...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/10011550-post50.html

NRWRX said:
I would strongly recommend that if you do it this way; make sure to open the box to get the calibrator code, you must enter the information in via Ford's website to receive your pro cal tool.

To be clear - FRPP doesn't give you a "calibator code" with the blower. They include a "voucher" that looks as such...

IMG_7086.jpg

You need to supply FRPP with the calibration code on your PCM along with the voucher ID number (and some other incidentals) in order for them to build you a tune. I've done it twice now and both times the FRPP "system" worked flawlessly.

Tob

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
A bit more on the ProCal from when I did the FRPP/Whipple 2.9 install on my GT500...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/10011550-post50.html

To be clear - FRPP doesn't give you a "calibator code" with the blower. They include a "voucher" that looks as such...

You need to supply FRPP with the calibration code on your PCM along with the voucher ID number (and some other incidentals) in order for them to build you a tune. I've done it twice now and both times the FRPP "system" worked flawlessly.

Tob

So you have to wait for the vehicle to arrive at the dealer prior to requesting the calibration tool, correct, since you need to get the calibration code off of your PCM?

NightriderWRX

Established Member
Precisely.

So you have to wait for the vehicle to arrive at the dealer prior to requesting the calibration tool, correct, since you need to get the calibration code off of your PCM?

unless you have a VIN to grab the required numbers from; but I think there is something else they need to grab off your car, if I can recall...

redrocket2011

Established Member
I wish I had a dealer like that in Jacksonville, Fl. They're all about getting you out the door and don't care if you come back for anything other than buying another car. This of course is just my impression of these folks. Eventually, I'll install a Procharger and void my warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread