FRPP Springs Install Question

smrtasp

Established Member
For those of you that did your own install, were the M5300-L springs taller than the stock springs when just looking at them side by side? I had mine done today and the first thing my tech said was that he was surprised that the new springs were taller than the stock springs when just comparing them side by side. He completed the install and the car looks like I expect and rides like I expect but his biggest concern was that the first 2 coils are fully compressed and rubbing. They greased it all enough to eliminate any noticable noise but it looks and rides OK so not sure if there should be any concern here. Can anyone comment on what they saw when doing their own installs?

carclub

Established Member
Did mine a two weeks ago same thing here. They were taller but took less force to compress them.

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
When you say it rides ok, you mean rougher but better then stock right? Any big noticeable difference in handling & functionality with the adjustable suspension?

smrtasp

Established Member
You can just feel a bit more in normal mode and sport mode. I preferred it a bit stiffer any way so I like it. It doesn't creek any nor are there any other new noises. I also had full rear work done including lower control arms and relocation brackets plus the upper control arm and bracket and panhard rod and brace. I had similar work done on my 08 and now my 13 feels the way I like. Less nose diving under normal and heavier braking, less body roll feel under normal driving and most of all, the skittish feeling in the rear is gone.

smrtasp

Established Member
I didnt have them welded in. Of the 3 shops I talked to, only 1 recomended it and actually said they wouldnt install them without welding. After talking with the 2 other shops, Van from Revan and a few other people here welding just wasnt needed. I dont drag race and wont so didnt feel this was needed. The shop I also picked charged me by the hour for the parts which ended up costing me less than half what others were quoting. They are a local shelby authorized shop and sell a lot of their cobra rollers. Really nice work so I will be going back for other work shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread