Frpp Shorties

Smokeurhonda

Established Member
I have JBA shorties and they are total shit. They cracked on the flange. I've talked to 4 other people, some GT's, some cobras, and a focus. All their headers cracked as well so don't get em. I'm thinkin about getting FRPP shorties. Anybody have any feedback or comments on these headers. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

montanagrog

Established Member
I've never heard or seen JBAs doing that, and I've seen and installed quite a few of JBA headers. What does JBA say about the problem? I will not use FRPP shorties though. I've tried 3 sets and all 3 had weld slag that almost cut some the ports down by half. Their apperance is great, but if you spend the money for ceramic coating, the last thing you want to do is have to grind the welding slag out to make them work. Now if you are not using the ceramic coating , and can grind open the ports then they will probibly be a good header.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I've had FRPP shorties on for about 4yrs and no problems at all.....i actually made pretty good power w/ them as well. And IMO the cars i've heard w/ LT's next to mine are not as mean sounding.

I'm may switch to LT's in the future just to see the power difference, other than that i love them.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Yellow4.6 said:
I've had FRPP shorties on for about 4yrs and no problems at all.....i actually made pretty good power w/ them as well. And IMO the cars i've heard w/ LT's next to mine are not as mean sounding.

I'm may switch to LT's in the future just to see the power difference, other than that i love them.

Almost all longtube setups aren't going to be as mean or loud as shorty set-ups. I had the Ford Motorsport shorty headers on my 5.0 and they were fine.

red97

Established Member
Yellow4.6 said:

Good to know, hope they sound great mine will go in in 2 days. Hey nice setup you've got yellow4.6, like to know all ur mods here is what I am in the process of, doing the headswap as we speak! Here is my mod list

Extrude honed & polished PI heads
PI intake
Stage 1 crower cams
JLT CAI*
75MM TB*
Cnl Plenum*
80mm MAF
FRPP shorties
O/R H
Mac Pro dumps
Steeda pullies*
SCT Dyno tune
FR Alum D/S*

items with "*" aren't installed yet. With this Setup I hope to hit at least 12.7 with my 4.10's and BFG's. Also trying for 290-300 RWHP mark.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
red97 said:
Good to know, hope they sound great mine will go in in 2 days. Hey nice setup you've got yellow4.6, like to know all ur mods here is what I am in the process of, doing the headswap as we speak! Here is my mod list

Extrude honed & polished PI heads
PI intake
Stage 1 crower cams
JLT CAI*
75MM TB*
Cnl Plenum*
80mm MAF
FRPP shorties
O/R H
Mac Pro dumps
Steeda pullies*
SCT Dyno tune
FR Alum D/S*

items with "*" aren't installed yet. With this Setup I hope to hit at least 12.7 with my 4.10's and BFG's. Also trying for 290-300 RWHP mark.

You should be in the range you want to be in...

I'm running...

Stock 99 PI heads, VT Stage 1 cams, SCT Tune, PI Intake, Trickflow Plenum, BBK 70mm TB, MAC CAI, BBK UD's, FRPP Shorties, BBK O/R H, Magnaflow C/B, 4.10's. Just installed MSD coil packs. Haven't had it dynoed since plenum install and coil packs. I might be in the market for some LT's and a Pro chamber then dyno it again.

Smokeurhonda

Established Member
I've got Mac CAI, C&L upper plenum, JBA Shorties(leaking), Bassani X, Magnapacks, 3.73's, Steeda UD pullies, Predator programmer, Steeda stage 1 2 3 suspension, shifter, fidaza flywheel and stage 2 clutch. Suspension actually hurts the 60 times. Cracked out a 12.83 best when it was 55 degrees out. That was on 17 inch Nittos. I think you'll run at least 12.7 all day with your set up.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
<<<---Fan of MAC headers...always been good for me and friends...shorties/logtubes both...

white99gt

Established Member
I have the new BBK tuned shorties.They work and look great.

I had bbk long tunes for 5 years with no issues.But wanted a easier way to access stuff under the car.

BBK20Tuned20Length20Headers.jpg

dalamar_96

Established Member
I personally like mid length hedders, benefit of a collector and no ground clearance issues. I dont think you gain much power with shorties... loosing the weight of the POS looking manifold is a good thing though. I've heard good thing about bbk - long and short. SLP makes an awsome mid length, not cheap though. I think you get the most power from long tubes.

Smokeurhonda

Established Member
Yeah i would go with lt's but there are trans clearance issues. You have to pull the tubes off if you wanna take out the trans. That's what's stopping me from getting them.

Users who are viewing this thread