FRPP short block vs custom built short block

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I am considering a FRPP short block with JDM cams and a KB 4.2 on E85.
I would love a 5.8 Aluminum custom built short block but money is an object.
I want like to make 1000rwhp.
Is this just too much for the FRPP short block?
What are your thoughts?

builttodrive

Established Member
I have one in my 07...when I asked ford how much power it could handle they told me 1,000+ and dared me to break it. Now I'm sure it can be broke but it was pretty reassuring that it's strong. Bang for the buck I think it's a pretty good shortblock. I have one with only 2,200 lightly used street miles on it for sale. Needs two new pistons...went lean on 7 and 8 :(

Imatk

Established Member
I have one in my 07...when I asked ford how much power it could handle they told me 1,000+ and dared me to break it. Now I'm sure it can be broke but it was pretty reassuring that it's strong. Bang for the buck I think it's a pretty good shortblock. I have one with only 2,200 lightly used street miles on it for sale. Needs two new pistons...went lean on 7 and 8 :(

Wait... you have a FRPP block with two bad pistons or is that your original block?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Ford Racing blocks offer good Value for applications under 800 HP, above this, the rings, bearings and pistons were simply not designed for it. We keep the FRPP shortblocks in stock and as a TOP 10 2014 Ford Racing dealer we will meet and beat any advertised price. For applications above 800 something like the MMR 1000 would be suggested, they include a 1 year warranty and feature a better Total Seal Ring, Clevite Bearings and 2618 Forged Manley Pistons along with Manley Forged H beam rods and a Cobra Jet crank, all fully assembled in a brand new Ford Racing block for just $3399, alloy block options are available also.

Let us know if we can help!

MMR
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

15474%202.jpg

mmr%20piston.jpg

brian98svtsnake

Established Member

So they dared you to break it and you did? lol. How much HP/TQ were you making?

builttodrive

Established Member
So they dared you to break it and you did? lol. How much HP/TQ were you making?

I have two of them. One went lean on fuel and not sure of the cause as the tune was rich! The other is getting ready to go in the car on my new build. The first engine went with my mods in my sig on the stock fuel system tuned on 91. I'm making some changes on the new engine and going to dual BAP's, ID1000 injectors, Fore Fuel Rails, and Tuned on E85.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Heinz's car ran a FRPP shortblock, ran 9.40's at 150mph running big boost from a 4.0 whipple.....car was easily 900RWHP

[video=youtube;zA4l--BoHr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA4l--BoHr4[/video]

alghanim

Established Member
Heinz's car ran a FRPP shortblock, ran 9.40's at 150mph running big boost from a 4.0 whipple.....car was easily 900RWHP

[video=youtube;zA4l--BoHr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA4l--BoHr4[/video]

with the FRPP short block +4.0 whats the boost are you running,,

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
The Ford Racing blocks offer good Value for applications under 800 HP, above this, the rings, bearings and pistons were simply not designed for it. We keep the FRPP shortblocks in stock and as a TOP 10 2014 Ford Racing dealer we will meet and beat any advertised price.

Out of curiosity and just in case I break my short block, I'm pushing close to 700 rwhp and plan on more next year lol, how much is the FR block?

builttodrive

Established Member
Is that 800hp crank or wheel?

It better be wheel. A lot of guys are at 800+ crank power on stock shortblocks. The Ford Racing short block should out do the stock block. The main difference in the ford racing shortblock is the forged Hbeam rods and better pistons.

Users who are viewing this thread