FRPP M58 catback / mufflers - details and input

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I just picked up some FRPP M58 mufflers and installed them on the weekend.
They are a fair bit quieter than the Magnaflow catback I had on the car (= good thing as I wanted at least a midpipe without getting too much louder)

Now I want to add a catted midpipe and / or possibly headers and a catted midpipe to open it up a bit more. However, there are very few clips out there for this exhaust setup.

Can anyone post or advise on a clip for a LT's and a catted midpipe on the M58 catback?

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
If you want LTs then your best two bets are American Racing Headers and Kooks. I had the M58 but had offroad prochamber with it so I am no help.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
there was a thread with tons of video's of different exhaust setups Kel. FWIW I love my kooks lt's with kooks off road x pipe. With my magnaflow catback the sound at idle and cruising is fairly quiet. At WOT it sounds like it is going to rip your face off.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
there was a thread with tons of video's of different exhaust setups Kel. FWIW I love my kooks lt's with kooks off road x pipe. With my magnaflow catback the sound at idle and cruising is fairly quiet. At WOT it sounds like it is going to rip your face off.

Hey Bud, I checked out the Exhaust thread a few times and listened to what was available on the M58 FR500 exhaust and most posts are for a MRT catted H-pipe - which sounds nice, but I really want full length LT's with a catted mid-pipe.

My main concern is having a real loud car that the cops all look sideways at.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Hey Bud, I checked out the Exhaust thread a few times and listened to what was available on the M58 FR500 exhaust and most posts are for a MRT catted H-pipe - which sounds nice, but I really want full length LT's with a catted mid-pipe.

My main concern is having a real loud car that the cops all look sideways at.

I hear ya. I figure if my car is loud enough for them to take notice I am already doing something for them to get after me about so the exhaust being loud isnt going to make things worse. Only thing is they can hear me from a mile away at WOT. The kooks catted x pipe will for sure keep the noise level down some compared to my off road setup.

Users who are viewing this thread