FRPP Lowering Springs - Installing Isolators

verbal

Established Member
For those of you who have installed the FRPP springs, did you transfer the stock isolators off do the old spring? They are glued on but look like they can be reused. If you are not using them, are you getting any noise from the spring contacting the strut?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I did this earlier today.

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

verbal

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I think I will leave them off for now and hold on to them if there are any problems.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Its not that you'd have a problem. Its an NVH thing, yet I've never heard anyone complain of additional noise because they left them off.

Bad Company

Established Member
The shop that did my install left them out. Occasionally I hear spring noise while make tight turns at slow speeds in a parking lot or up a driveway entrance ramp. Otherwise they will not make any noise at any driving speed. The noise sounds similar to a bong or a deep ringing sound. I've thought about redoing it myself and adding the isolators from the stock springs to the FRPP springs to stop it.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The FRPP spring steel is a smaller diameter than the OEM spring steel, so the figment into the strut isn't as close, tolerance wise.

verbal

Established Member
Springs are in. I am pretty happy with the drop in the rear but do not notice much of a change in the front. Hopefully they settle a little more.

Before

photo1-5.jpg

After

photo2-6.jpg

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Springs are in. I am pretty happy with the drop in the rear but do not notice much of a change in the front. Hopefully they settle a little more.

Before

photo1-5.jpg

After

photo2-6.jpg

Yup, same issue I've had with those springs. Hoping they will settle.

I transfered the isolators over to the new springs.

verbal

Established Member
Verbal, Your car looks great!.......You must love the handling,,
Nelco

Thanks! I have not had a chance to really drive it yet. I am getting the BMR stuff installed and getting an alignment on Wednesday. I can't wait. I have had the BMR parts sitting in my dining room for a month. I was originally going with Steeda springs and they were back ordered for over a month so I ended up getting the FRPP springs.

Users who are viewing this thread