FRPP High Lift Camshafts DOHC

goingbyebye

Established Member
I have a set of FRPP Camshafts for a 4.6 DOHC. Part numbers are CM-6270-T46, CM-6271-T46, CM-6272-T46, and CM-6273-T46. I am changing to a turbo setup and have purchased the MMR stage 2 cams. $600 + Shipping + Paypal fees.

Thank You,
Joe Walter
559-772-5617
FR500CamShafts_zps070b33a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

danielson631

Established Member
what kind of power gains would i see with these?

compared to what kind of cams?

sound?

wasnt in the market for cams but thats a good price.

also i assume id need new springs/retainers?

would i need my flattop pistons notched?

lots of questions, i know. lol

goingbyebye

Established Member
Ok. Here is what I know. Sound had a little lope to it. I saw a noticable seat of the pants increase but never dynoed it. You do need new springs as the lift is much greater and stock valve springs will bind. As for notching pistons I have no Idea. This cam profile is very simular if not the same to the Ford GT. These are real good blower cams.
Joe

nucworker

Established Member
Cams

These sound a lot like FR500 cams. It's the LSA that would need to be addressed if used in a FI application. Need more like a 114-116 LSA for forced induction.

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
These sound a lot like FR500 cams. It's the LSA that would need to be addressed if used in a FI application. Need more like a 114-116 LSA for forced induction.

These are fr500 cams. Talked to joe last night, and he told me about em. Nice cams and he still made great power with them in his FI car. He's a good fella to deal with too, nice guy!

Glws joe!

goingbyebye

Established Member
The best I can do is $630 shipped. If your interested you can contact me via text or a call 559-772-5617. I will ship the same day if paid before 12:00pst and supply tracking and insurance information at the same time.
Joe Walter

goingbyebye

Established Member
I have valve springs. They were in the heads when I got them. I can't say yes or no. I have never tried stock springs. I wish I could give a yes or no. sorry.
Joe

blacksnake2001

Established Member
I can run the grind numbers and find out I suppose. Do you mind telling me why you're selling these? I had a mishap buying used cams on here not too long ago and I'm trying to be more thorough this time around

goingbyebye

Established Member
I just switched from a blower to a 76mm turbo and want the MMR Stage 2 Turbo cams. The motor is out and currently tore down for a piston change. Now is a perfect time to change. If they dont sell by the time the motor is ready I will just reuse them. I really cant afford to drop $1300. If the cams sell it will offset the cost to a more resonable price. That is why I am firm on the price.
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread