FRPP driveshaft (For GT) vs stock Termi driveshaft

KooK

Established Member
I'm just verifying something here.

I bought a FRPP driveshaft probably 10+ years ago for my 2000 GT, since then I've swapped to a 4v engine, T56 transmission, IRS rear end and I bought a stock 03/04 termi driveshaft, I laid it next to my FRPP driveshaft I used with my stock GT parts and other than the rear flange and slip yoke, it looks to be almost exactly the same thing and from u-joint to u-joint it is exactly the same length.

Can somebody verify this for me, that the FRPP driveshaft is basically the same thing as an 03/04 Termi driveshaft with different flanges?

KooK

Established Member
But hear me out. Is it possible that FRPP supplied the Termi driveshafts and made them all the same lengths and just used a longer yoke for the T-45 and a shorter yoke for the T-56? I mean, it's possible that I don't have a Termi driveshaft and it's just another FRPP driveshaft that's too long, but man that yoke is a lot shorter for the T-56 and it would make sense that FRPP made the same length driveshaft for everything to cut down on costs...

IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG

NastyNate420

Established Member
KooK I wouldnt be surprised if they just used a different yoke. I bought a used DS for my Mach but then I took mine out it was a 1/2 shorter. The guy I bought it from had a Termi and older cobra Im not sure which car it actually came outta but its work fine for me!

Users who are viewing this thread