FRPP clutch kit questions

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
By the time I got home from work the other night, my TOB was making some awful noise. I have 92,000 miles on the car and gonna change the clutch,TOB,etc. Anyway, found part #M-7060-C46 11" upgrade kit through Jegs $242.99. Anybody running this kit and how you like it? Does the cluch pedal feel like stock? Gonna do this myself, how hard of a job is it?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Last edited:

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
I've got it and it's stock feel with tighter bite. Very daily drivable, & grips good when you get on it. Haven't had a problem and it's been in for over a year now. Also, make sure you replace your Pilot Bearing, check the fork arm & fork arm rest guide (correct me if I'm wrong, I think that's what it is called).

COBRASVT

Established Member
I've got it and it's stock feel with tighter bite. Very daily drivable, & grips good when you get on it. Haven't had a problem and it's been in for over a year now. Also, make sure you replace your Pilot Bearing, check the fork arm & fork arm rest guide (correct me if I'm wrong, I think that's what it is called).
Close enough.... clutch release lever and clutch release lever stud. Replace both...they aren't that expensive and it sucks when you've got it apart to find it worn or broken.

My clutch lever was actually broken (the clip that snaps onto the stud). And the stud wears so it's a good $15 to spend on a new one. Makes shifting smoother.

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
Yeah, I'll check that stud and release lever out when I get time to pull her apart(and cash to get the parts). LOL

Users who are viewing this thread