FRPP 5.0 Supercharger Kit Pic Released

specizripn

Established Member
I think people are jumping to conclusions... It says, "A sneak peek at the Ford Racing super charger development for the 2015 Ford Mustang GT 5.0.". Which could mean its a Ford Racing Supercharger kit, just like they have on the current mustangs... Doesn't necessarily mean its the GT350, but I could be wrong. I mean, the Ford Racing department doesn't work on motors for the production cars. If the post mentioned SVT I could believe it, but based on what it says I believe its just a kit.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Interesting, switched to TVS from whipple? That looks like a really tall blower, can't believe it fits under the stock hood.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The FRPP kit has always been Whipple....or at least their 524/624 kits were.

I know... that's why I said I would be surprised if they switched to TVS from Whipple. The picture clearly shows a TVS blower.

Interesting also that whipple has independently released info on their 700hp kit for the '15 5.0 engine. Looks like they are trying to one-up Ford Racing with a 2.9L blower. The biggest TVS right now is a 2.3L.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/03/28/whipple-supercharger-announced-for-2015-ford-mustang-gt/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread