frp still drops!

crazystang25

Established Member
my fuel rail pressure will drop down around 1-7 psi, i already changed the frp sensor. so im lookin at the maf now, when i did the logging it threw up 2 codes and so i took it to the ford dealership and the guy told me that it was either maf or bank 2 rear o2, but the first data logging i did several months ago showed all 4 o2's runnin up to 4 volts. but ive been told that the o2's have no effect on it at wot. so any ideas. fuel filter is new.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
History?

Maybe I didn't hear the background. :shrug:

What codes kicked out?

How's your pump/filter?

crazystang25

Established Member
the codes that were kicked out this last time were maf and bank 2 rear o2. fuel filter is good replaced it not too long ago. ive also had plenty of misfire codes thrown on different cylinders in the past couple of months. on the tuner during datalogging FP (which i imagine is fuel pressure) reads 50%. i was told by another guy to do a datalog and check injector pulse width, voltage, and some other things with the injectors.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
the codes that were kicked out this last time were maf and bank 2 rear o2. fuel filter is good replaced it not too long ago. ive also had plenty of misfire codes thrown on different cylinders in the past couple of months. on the tuner during datalogging FP (which i imagine is fuel pressure) reads 50%. i was told by another guy to do a datalog and check injector pulse width, voltage, and some other things with the injectors.

Sorry...what were the actual code numbers. I should ahve been more clear.

Also, yes, datalogging the PW, voltage, etc. is a good suggestion.

FP could be Fuel Pump Duty Cycle (which is more common for a tuner to look at) rather than 'fuel pressure' in your rails. I think there is some confusion here. You could very well have a dirty MAF sensor which 'could' explain the codes, which is why I asked.

IN short (kinda late): we need more and specific information to help.

Various misfires could be the COPs (which is also common), bad / old plugs, etc.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I'm sorry, but these onsie twosie posts aren't going to get it done.

Could you please list everything, so we can try to help? FRP or FP, what codes?..did you clear them, have they stayed cleared? Is the car running ok? what made you look at FRP to begin with?

You're posting alot of vague stuff.

crazystang25

Established Member
as far as what made me look at the FRP in the first place was when i had a problem with it comin back from fort collins and it kept boggin down and i was unable to accelerate past 50 mph. so i pulled it out and did a full fuel system data log and i know where it normally ran at when i saw it was reading 1-7 psi when normally it reads 39-40 psi. but as i said ill get that new datalog later today.

Users who are viewing this thread