Frown Face.

DjKush

Established Member
Wow well guys I don't want to talk shit about anyone just yet.. But I need ur opinions.. Basically they'res a problem in which I bought an oil pan from a company and also a block (I don't wanna mention names but y'all know who it is) furthermore, everything is assembled correctly except when I crank it for the first time I hear a bad noise.. I found out the crank was hitting the oil pan, the two pieces on the beggining (front) of the oil pan.. Now a bunch of shredded metal is inside the oil therefore going into the motor itself. Knowing this is not my fault and simply the company that supplied me with all this. On Monday I am going to talk to them about this and I was wondering what u guys think would be a good way to resolve this? I paid 6K and this is not gonna slip so easily.. Plus time plus oil plus labor.. All that went to waste due to their mistake. The only thing I thought was an extended warranty covering this, 3 years is my choice.. Any other ideas? I'm pretty angry. Thanks

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I'm not sure how they will resolve this, but before you jump to any conclusions, give them a chance to make this right. Call them on monday and explain everything. Is there any visible damage to the outside of the oil pan that may have happened during installation or shipment?

DjKush

Established Member
No damage outside at all, no shipments here I live in the same city.. Installing went perfectly I was there during that time. I'm not sure how they can "fix" this, other than giving me a new block or something. Obviously I will have to bend those prongs down or cut them.. Didn't want to tamper with it until I spoke to them.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Did they give you the correct pan for your application?
Who checked for pan to crank clearance during installation?
Never assume everything just "bolts on", especially aftermarket parts. It's the engine builder's responsibility to make sure clearances are correct before starting the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread