Front window -whats this thing called-

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
Ok, probably been asked before, but I've searched everywhere for it. What is that little peice of plastic called that that runs along the bottom of the window where the wipers attach. And how can I remove it?

windowtrimpe5.png

Juruense

Banned
That is the cowl and it is fragile and expensive.

To aid in removing it, open the door and look at the base of the widshield painted trim for a small bolt. Loosen the bolt. This will give you clearance on the ends of the cowl. Use a trim removal tool wrapped in a shop towel to pry underneath the cowl levering against the center front of the windshield. Slowly and carefully release clips working out towards the side of the car. The Haines manual has pictures that clarify these instructions.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I'm gonna have to hit the junkyard for another, mine is cracked in about 6-7 different places. From toulsey its still $157. Yikes!

mrose75

Established Member
Mine's cracked too. But you have to actually push on it to see it. So for now.... it'll stay that way. If I ever take it to a Barrett-Jackson Auction, then I'll consider replacing it.:poke:

Juruense

Banned
Cracked cowls will make weird noises at speed though, even though they look fine they can sound like a failed wheel bearing or a rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread