Front Tires

palehorse

Established Member
One of my future mods is to get the 17X10.5 OEM replicas for the back so I can run 315 DR. My question is what are you running on the front with the DR on the back? As I was looking up DR I looked at the Nitto 555R' and they make the 315 for the back and make a 275 that could go on the front. Is that dumb to have DR on the front? I like the idea of matching tires, but performance comes first im my decision making. If I was trying to maximize handeling along with the DR for traction, what is the best set up? Maybe the DR on the front would be the best handeling? I don't know, that is why I ask the all knowing members of SVTperformance?

Thanks in advance for your experience, opinions and suggestions.

palehorse

Established Member
No opinions on this? Come on people, what are you running on the front with drag radials on the back?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Don't run DR's all around.

Dumb idea, they have soft sidewalls and will never respond correctly. Run the 555RII road race tire if you want a matching tread pattern and compound with a stiffer sidewall.

Or if you just want a similar tread pattern, run the 555 radial.

Most run a standard radial of some form on the front and DR's on the back.

Last edited:

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
Alright thanks... that's what i thought but now the nitto 555 extreme radial are on back order until the 14 of April... AHHHHHH :fm: :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread