Front tires rubbing on fender after proper Steeda spring install...

M4_ELITE

Established Member
so last year we noticed that whoever installed the steeda springs on my car, didn't install them properly.. they were zip tied in bottom of the car, not sitting in the groove where the spring was suppose to, but above it giving it about cm of extra height or so. after removing them and putting them in properly, i noticed that the tires would rub on wheel well, and removed some paint. so after that i replaced the old rubber spring isolators with poly urethane isos which gave the car about another inch of height in the front. when we installed those we found the car already had a spacer in the front springs. so i thought that would solve the problem, after touching up the fenders, i checked again recently and the paint is gone again and theres rubber on the fender, i wish i knew why. the car has steeda x2 ball joints, steeda 2003 cobra sport springs, steeda caster camber plates and baer bump steer kit.

i have stock wheels, with stock size tires on the car as well. i really don't want to roll the fenders considering i see many cobras/gts with more of a drop with no issues. would an alignment help? they did change the alignment to more of an "aggressive" one when they did the springs, the cc plates are definitely placed more inward toward the engine, as opposed to before.

any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Established Member
More aggressive camber would tilt the top of the tire in which should not make the tires rub. Caster could be hosed but I would be surprised if that was the cause.

M4_ELITE

Established Member
well what else do you think it could be? i'm sure a few of you guys run steeda springs, would appreciate any help thx.

Users who are viewing this thread