Front tire sticks out to far on driver side!!!

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I recently put energy suspension rack bushings in my car to cure the popping noise I was getting when going over bumps or turning about 3 weeks ago .....fixed the proplem. Then after that at work on day I was looking at the car and noticed that the front wheel on the driver side sticks out farther than the passenger front does. The driver side is about flush with the fender at the top while the passenger wheel tucks about 1/4" farther in and looks correct. I know my steering is all messed up now, fight the steering wheel to keep it going straight down the road, and the steering wheel is not centered while driving straight.....I know it needs aligned bad but I was waiting to install my CC plated first and I installed my H&R race springs yesterday. I basically just want to know what could be wrong for a wheel to be out that far? Would a simple front end alignment cure this problem? Or does is sound like a bent a-arm or something damaged suspension related? This has me puzzled bad and I'm quite concerned about it!!!! I have thought about taking it to a body shop I know in town that is quite respectable and does great work to see if it something that they can adjust and straighten up for me since they fix badly damaged cars daily. I just want to fix this problem:fm: Also I have 18" Saleen replica wheels on it if this matters. And I truthfully don't remember if the wheel was sticking out like that before I changed the rack bushings or not, I'm almost thinking that it was a little but I can't be 100% positive.

Last edited:

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Also I don't remember if the wheel was sticking out before the rack bushing change or not....I almost think it was out a little....but I couln't be 100% for sure.

Coiled03

Established Member
Sounds to me like your camber is jacked up pretty bad, if it's just the top of the tire that has this issue. And yes, that could be from some god-awful alignment settings if you haven't taken it in, yet.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I hope it's just the top of the tire...kinda hard to tell if the bottom is out too. I haven't taken it in to get an alignment until I get my CC plates put on and any other front suspension mods I may do first. I would hate to think I have some sort of bent suspension components!!!! If an alignment don't cure it I guess it's off to a body shop to have them check it too and see what they can do. Right now the car drives like pure $#!+ and is and is a handfull to control....it became that way after the rack bushings were installed. I'll get the CC plates on and new shorter swaybar end links( heard these helped when the car is lower, so why not try them) installed and have it checked out. Any other suggestions or ideas on my problem.......

Coiled03

Established Member
Hard to say without seeing pictures of the problem. But, I highly doubt there's anything bent. Personally, my suggestion would be to do just a backyard alignment, and at least get it close. Then, see how the wheel looks in comparison to the other. Also, try dropping a level off the fender edge on each side, and see if the bottoms are off, too.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
The driver side is about flush with the fender at the top while the passenger wheel tucks about 1/4" farther in and looks correct.
Have same problem. Has always been like that and my car is in perfect alignment. I just chalk it up to poor Mustang build quality. You're not the first to bring this issue up.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I hope it can be corrected because it looks likes crap!!!! I was hoping that shifting some components around, k-member, or something would help....that is if a simple alignment don't take care of it all!!! Makes me sick to look at it and it's all I see after I noticed it!!! To someone who didn't know, they most likely wouldn't realize it but I do. Glad to know others have had this issue as well other than just me, but it still sux for us all.

zankylen

Established Member
well i just noticed this about my car today. I also have caster camber plates installed on the car from the previous owner, this could be part of the problem as i have did a little googleing on the net about it.

fa8388

Established Member
wheels

i have the same problem, :cuss: so there is nothing that can be done to fix this problem, cuzz i want to get some 18 inch wheels, and if this problem cant get fixed i dont want to get the 18" wheels

Users who are viewing this thread