front suspension

Vic98Cobra

Established Member
took off my front rubber isolatora off my lowering springs to gain an extra half inch or mso to go lower worked out great passenger side but my drivers side is a little higher any buddy got an idea is to why and how? makes no sense

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Make sure you have the springs sitting equally in the bottom perches of the a arms. There is a slot where the end of the spring should end

Vic98Cobra

Established Member
took off my front rubber isolatora off my lowering springs to gain an extra half inch or mso to go lower worked out great passenger side but my drivers side is a little higher any buddy got an idea is to why and how? makes no sense

yes they are sitting in the perches correctly exactly in the slot this is why to me not making sense.

Noreast

Established Member
What coils are you running? I have eibach sportlines and I was told by a few people maybe they're sagging on the pass side. They do have quite a few miles on them.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
In real life you would do them on a set of scales with the driver in the car, then measure the ride height at all 4 corners so it could be duplicated on a level surface. It's not uncommon for these cars to be off a little bit, but it should not be real noticeable. Like stated above, "clock" the springs to make sure they're in their perches, grinding off the sharp edge of the spring and applying some grease doesn't hurt either and can keep it from binding. Be careful of "adjusting" the car using the weight jackers in the rear lower control arms, definitely don't do this if you have a panhard bar with the stock 4 link setup.

Vic98Cobra

Established Member
running just lowering springs ima take drivers side apart again and do it over maybe just sitting funny i just dont understand i know what im doin im when comes to working on cars i been honda tech 12 years so this is driving me crazy lol..... thanks for the help buddy much apreciated

Vic98Cobra

Established Member
thanks you black sheep yes they are in there correct perches and i put some maring grease in there everything all clean and its not supper notcieable to me because im wicked picky but you can definetly tell its off a little in the front thanks again..

Users who are viewing this thread