Front suspension q's

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
right now up front i have belltech spindles w-iso's removed. i have the 20'' reps with bf 295/40''s and the tires keep rubbing the fender liners when i hit a dip in the road. i did trim the polyfoam bump stops. im thinking of either getting new polyfoam stops or reinstalling the iso's. any opinions? :shrug:

Photo0076.gif

OH-MAN

Established Member
I would put the isos back in. It will raise your ride heigth to help clear the fenders, perhaps putting the stock snubbies in also. They will absorb some of the travel when you compress the suspension. They act like little helper springs as it gets closer to bottoming out.

glasslaws

Established Member
From what I've read, the iso's add about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. I'm running the mr. Gasket spring rubbers that stiffen the spring up a tad, and add maybe 1/2 inch. I run the spindles, but 18" wheels.

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
im wondering if i should have trimmed the factory poly stops at all. i have about an inch between the lca and the stop.. i noticed the other day a ford van had the same stops and the poly stop was almost touching the lca and it was obviously stock...

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
well i cut the factory polyfoam stops. i think that is the reason for the rubbing.. right now i have about 3/4 to an inch between the lca and the stop. since its polyfoam i would think it should be closer like 1/4 of an inch since it has give when compressed.

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
I had this problem and ended up putting the stock bumpstops back in. Then it would still rub the outter screw heads that hold the fender liner in. I put a small washer between the bumpstop cup and the control arm and havnt had a problem since. Its ok for the bumpstops to be touching as long as it isnt completly bearing on them. I also have the Belltech spindles with 20" wheels but my tires are 305/40/20.

Last edited:

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
yup your right. i just got done screwing the polyfoam stops together where i cut them apart and they fit under the lca but dont touch. took her out for a ride and she rides fine and no rubbing.... thanks....

Users who are viewing this thread