Front suspension parts

exdeath

Established Member
Looking to get rid of all the slop, creak, and clunk in my front end.

Going with the usual tubular k member, tubular A arms, coil overs with replacement struts, rack bushings, and poly control arm and sway bar bushings.

What else could I do while I'm in there? I've not been able to find Poly strut bushings, for example.

Increased road noise and ride harshness from a stiff suspension does not bother me in the slightest. But clunking and popping noises coming from a wheel well that I know are from the car itself every time I hit a crack irritates me to no end. Id rather feel the bump in the car from the obvious hitting of the crack than not feel it and hear my wheel sound like its going to fall off.

I've even contemplated the Griggs SLA system to completely eliminate the flexible strut towers from the system but I'm looking to go turbo in the future which limits K member options. /sigh

Last edited:

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
Looking to get rid of all the slop, creak, and clunk in my front end.

Going with the usual tubular k member, tubular A arms, coil overs with replacement struts, rack bushings, and poly control arm and sway bar bushings.

What else could I do while I'm in there? I've not been able to find Poly strut bushings, for example.

Increased road noise and ride harshness from a stiff suspension does not bother me in the slightest. But clunking and popping noises coming from a wheel well that I know are from the car itself every time I hit a crack irritates me to no end. Id rather feel the bump in the car from the obvious hitting of the crack than not feel it and hear my wheel sound like its going to fall off.

I've even contemplated the Griggs SLA system to completely eliminate the flexible strut towers from the system but I'm looking to go turbo in the future which limits K member options. /sigh

If your not ready to go with the complete Griggs SLA system you can get into the Strut system for a little cheaper and then upgrade to the SLA down the road. Either way you will be impressed with the results! I've been running my '95 GT on the street for over 5 years/75K miles without issues!

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread