front suspension parts with a 2" level?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
my 2012 has ~160k miles on it with the mostly stock suspension (super crew, 5.5' bed, fx2 no that I think any of that matters). It's a got a 2" leveling puck in the front on 33s.

I've got a pop I can feel in the floorboard with the wheel turned going over bumps (at least that's when it's most noticeable) and really that's the main reason for digging into it. It otherwise rides and drives fine. I see the level puts a rough angle on the upper control arm and the boot on the ball joint is torn from it. Usually I'd prefer to just buy new, loaded arms (with bushings and ball joints already in place). I figure it's probably time for new shocks/struts as well. the sway bar end links and chassis mount bushings visually look fine but probably replace them on GP.

1) is there a better option for the upper control arm or anything to tone down that angle? I have zero intention of any further changes to ride height. I see quite a few brands I've never heard of making upper arms made for a 2-3" lift but not interested in junk.

2) suggestions on shocks/struts? I know a lot of people go to the bilstein 5100s but have heard they ride a little rough using them to set the ride height (I did see it suggested to leave it at stock height, keep the leveling pucks for more stock ride quality). Having to take them apart to change the height kinda sucks too. If it's available as a loaded assembly that's preferred, I don't care for playing with murder slinkys (truck already has cam/alignment bolts).

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i think there should be several good quality options for your upper arm that will help with the angle. from what i understand they are not necessary from a strength standpoint but should def help with the upper ball joint. stage3 motorsports and filthy motorsports have some excellent vids explaining these parts along with good recommendations.

not sure if this helps, i am certainly no expert on f-150 but am trying to learn. you might get more info on your second question on the f-150 forums.

best of luck with it!

tubular upper control arm, f-150.jpg

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i think there should be several good quality options for your upper arm that will help with the angle. from what i understand they are not necessary from a strength standpoint but should def help with the upper ball joint. stage3 motorsports and filthy motorsports have some excellent vids explaining these parts along with good recommendations.

not sure if this helps, i am certainly no expert on f-150 but am trying to learn. you might get more info on your second question on the f-150 forums.

best of luck with it!

View attachment 1814875

I ended up just ordering all new motorcraft stuff from rock auto

Those corrected geometry arms were spendy and I guess some of em really screw with the alignment. I’ll still check out those videos later

Users who are viewing this thread