front suspension help

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
Fellow Stangers,

What have you done to improve the drivability of your fox body? My 93 Cobra is darting all over the place. I put skinnys on it this weekend, it drove great. Not a permanent thing though. Why is it that the fox bodies drive like crap with wider tires and yet other cars with even wider tires drives great, comparing my son’s 2003 terminator to my 93 Fox. I know ten year difference, but the platforms are similar. Being in the pacific northwest, these roads are very worn, so the roads (i5) have basically troughs in them, so I fight to keep the cobra in a particular lane. I had an 89 Fox, I changed the entire from end, K member (tubular) Control arms (tubular), coil overs, bump steer, caster plates, etc. It drove great, but do I have to do that to my Cobra to make it drive good? What are you thoughts?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Some of that is a function of the tire brand. Most of it is a function of a 35 year old platform (79 was first year of the platform. Mine improved significantly with cc plates and as much castor as the struts would allow. I call it "tramlining" and it's the nature of the beast with an old platform and wide tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
My setup:

Stock K member, all bushings replaced, with k brace
Lowering springs
Kyb adjustable so all around
Bump steer kits
MM cc plates
Replaced both inner tire rod ends
Stock alignment specs

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Check with MM and see what they recommend on the alignment settings. Typically they are tweaked from stock in lowered cars with cc plates.i went alignment shop and handed them my settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread