Front strut question

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
I am curious to what front struts to use on my car. I've heard of people using fox style front struts due to their shorter stroke. My car is pretty low and I'm going to take it out on the road course so I'm changing a couple of things. My car: 99 Cobra w/IRS, intrax rear springs with 03 Bilstien's, UPR k member with 350/lbs coil overs, kyb struts, full rear bushing kit and NT05 tires. I'm not trying to set any track records, just going out to get my feet wet. Thanks for any help....

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
If you have never been on a road course, then here is my advice for you:

- Change your oil
- Top off your coolant, tranny, diff fluids
- Flush your brake fluid with a good DOT4 synthetic
- Ensure you have at least 1/2 a pad of brake pad material
- Check the air pressure in your tires
- Enjoy

You should refrain from touching anything on the car before you do at least 4-5 events. Up until then, your car is going to have WAY more potential than you, and probably more for longer than that. By the 4th or 5th event, you will start finding the things that you NEED to upgrade.

-Kevin

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Definitely get some seat time first in the car. After you learn how to drive it then look at what upgrades will benefit you. You may benefit from some driving lessons too rather than just going to a road course first. The instructor may help you decide what you neeed next and allow you to see the weak points in your driving and in the car. Then based on that you can upgrade what you need and then head out to the course.

Users who are viewing this thread