Front Strut Assembly Question.

Kytann

Established Member
Hello. Kindof a newb question.

I am trying to create a front strut assembly that is complete, so I can swap them out for my current stock strut with minimum amount of effort.

Then I can swap the stock struts back in when I swap to snow tires before winter, and back in the spring.
I can get a lifetime alignment from Firestone so I am not too worried about that.

I've got
-Bilstein HD Struts, (05-10)

-Steeda Sport Springs

-GT500 Upper Strut Mounts.

Am I missing anything else?

I see the stock springs have some sort of rubber thing on part of the spring, but I do not know if it is required. Or even what it does.

If I need to buy one from Ford, what's it called?

Thanks

basspro302

Established Member
They are called spring isolators you should be able to get them from ford or an auto parts store.

K.A.I.N

Established Member
I did what you did and pre-assembled the strut assembly beforehand. I bought two Eibach CS5001 which fit perfectly. You also want to get the jounce bumper kit (M-5570-A).

Kytann

Established Member
Yeah I thought about the Jounce Bumper kit. However I don't think they are applicalbe to the Bilsteins. As they are upside down and have an internal Jounce Bumper. At least that was my understanding.

Anyway, do you know what the spring isolator does? What would be the ill effect if I Didn't use one?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
When running the gt500 mounts and 05-10 struts can you still run the 11-14 springs? I plan on doing the exact thing when I lower mine, should save some time since you do t have to deal with spring compressors at all.

11gtcs

Established Member
When running the gt500 mounts and 05-10 struts can you still run the 11-14 springs? I plan on doing the exact thing when I lower mine, should save some time since you do t have to deal with spring compressors at all.

05-14 springs are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread