Front & Rear bumper removal

redrocket16

Established Member
Seems pretty straightforward however it always helps to have a 'how to' to follow along with. I searched through our sticky and didn't come up with anything.

For the front I know I will need to remove the plastic inner fender liners to reveal a few screws but I have seen something about rivets holding the bumper. Can anyone let me know where these are located and any other tips or instructions?

On the rear I need to remove the trunk panels and there is screws in the rear tire area. Anything else on these?

I am looking at taking the bumpers off and having them resprayed to save some $$. My hood could use a little help as well but the hood/fender blending is a bit more than I can afford right now.

Thanks everyone.

GRUSE

Established Member
To take off front bumper cover like you said remove the inner fender cover like 4 screws and a few push pins. Both sides are held in by 2 11mm studs that go to the fender. Up top drill out the 2 rivets . Get under the car remove the 2 black push in retainers from the bottom of the bumper holding it to the core support,also you will find 2 tabs below the head lights that snap in.I used a thin strip of sheet metal 22gage about 1" wide to get under the tabs,you probably could use a couple of butter knives for that and front cover comer off. Fog lights can stay mounted.
Here is a vid that may assist you but this guy never mentions the snap tabs.
i did the job solo but an extra set of hands would be helpful.
Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZpt7vttphQ

Users who are viewing this thread