Front plate - the man is cracking down

tscripa

My wife drives a BMW 335i which, like our other cars, has no front plate. After driving it for a year with no issues, she was pulled over today and given a $125 ticket for no front license plate. The officer told her that they are cracking down more aggressively now because people have started removing their front plates due to the new traffic light cameras. As much as I hate the idea of mounting a plate on the BMW, I definitely don't want to do it on the Cobra or Z06.

Red99CSVT

Established Member
I got pulled over today just outside of Oak Harbor and among other things got a warning ofr not having a front plate on my CSVT. Thankfully I'll be leaving on a road trip soon mabey they'll relax a bit by the time I get back.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
No plate on any of my rigs for 11+ years. Been pulled over several times for it. Each time, I just temporarily attached the plate and drive down to the station for a quick inspection. Most times they'll sign off on it just by looking out the window and seeing your rig ( make sure to park where they can see it from the front desk).

It'll take SEVERAL $125 tickets for me to even think about putting a plate on..... :)

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
It ain't that big a deal to me. Not having one is just giving one more reason to The Man to pull you over. Not worth the hassle.

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
I have mine in the window mounted with suction cups and it is very visible from the front...so far no problems, what do you think?

Eric91Z

Established Member
I think front plate laws are stupid and will continue to run without on the Marauder. Now, I have one on the daily driver Crown Vic, but the mount was already there and they have enough reason to pull me over with the tinted windows. Not worried about it on that car.

But if it is big of a deal why aren't all registered road vehicles required to have them - i.e.: motorcycles?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Cops need a good flat surface to bounce laser off of.

Never had one on the Cobra and won't put one on my next toy either.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
im down in olympia/ft lewis and i solved this issue. i just got a po box in missouri and licensed my car there. No more tickets OR emissions.

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
It ain't that big a deal to me. Not having one is just giving one more reason to The Man to pull you over. Not worth the hassle.

Same here. I don't get it? :shrug: I can think of A LOT of other things I can spend $125 on instead of putting money back into the state of Washington.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I never had a plate on my saleen and will be removing the one on the cobra at some point. I think if I get pulled over, they will have other reasons to give me a ticket and will probably not notice the lack of plate, he he.

j0hn

Established Member
I doubt anyone in Chehalis gives a shit about a front plate, but my truck has had it since I got it so I probably won't mess with it.... yet.

Dusten

Established Member
none of my rigs have one, or a place to mount one. When i bought the 08, it didnt have the front bracket. When i had my L, it got hit, and the new bumper wasnt drilled for a bracket, so the body shop didnt install one

Users who are viewing this thread