Front plate bracket?

Established Member
Does anyone know where I can get a front plate bracket that does not need to be bolted to the bumper, something that might clip on to the back of the bumper or something along those lines?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I made mine from angled steel brackets I bought at Home Depot for $9 I pieced together and bolted to the HE frame. There are kits you can buy for $60 or so.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
I made mine from angled steel brackets I bought at Home Depot for $9 I pieced together and bolted to the HE frame. There are kits you can buy for $60 or so.

Sounds to easy. Work well? Only thing you bought was the brackets? Have close up pics? Let's play 20 ?'s :lol:. More info plz... Or is that all.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Check out my avatar for a general photo..... Bought a plate bracket from Pep Boys for $8 (sorry that I ommitted that!) and then cut and drilled the angle iron pieces and attached to plate bracket and Heat Exchanger frame for the install. Took about 90 minutes but I took my time and put about 5 coats of black paint on it.

I screwed a small piece of rubber to the back of the plate bracket to cushion it against the front bumper and can actually pull the bracket forward to wash and dry the bumper behind it. Worked well. If you're into serious racing and don't want to block any HE airflow, you can just redrill the steel to raise the plate bracket farther up the bumper. I kinda like the half and half look myself.....

Users who are viewing this thread