Front of motor Oil leak after dyno pulls on D1SC

Erich

Established Member
Trying to figure out what happened. After dynoing the motor, I drove a few hundred miles and noticed a bunch of oil over the front of the motor. It goes up as high as under the coolant crossover. There really is not much that could leak. I suspect it is the seal on the crank in the front.

Do I need a special setup for crankcase ventilation on a D1? I am using the regular old P1SC stuff that came with my tuner kit. So the bypass goes into the blower plastic blower inlet along with a line from the valve cover. I wonder if when that bypass lets off the >15 psi it seemed to be making that it pressurized the crankcase and damaged that seal?

Are those front seals easy to damage?

The motor was built maybe 3000 miles ago.
Erich

Erich

Established Member
I cleaned it off and watched a bunch of times. There is some oil behind the damper. A bunch winds up under the blower and on the tensioner. I may have to take stuff off the front of the motor to see well. It is not a ton of oil volume-wise but when it is misted up, it makes a good mess.

Currently, I have the pcv running into the intake as stock. Then the p-side valve cover to the blower inlet. The bypass is vents to the blower inlet as well. MAF is blow thru.
Erich
Erich

Users who are viewing this thread