Front End Wobble HELP!

Montanasvt

Established Member
So this has happened to me twice in the past week or so. I start to accelerate then arround 40mph or so, the front end of my car starts to act like it has a flat tire or something...then it corrects itself a few seconds later. I mean this is insane. I have to clue what it could be. I mean it literally wobbles side to side violently. Not just a rattle, but back and forth like I have two flat tires. Anyone experienced this or know what it could be??

SicShelby09

Banned
Sounds like the electronic steering rack doing what it wants. I know there was a tsb for something like this for the 2010 a while back. I'd suspect the electronic steering rack.

Montanasvt

Established Member
Sounds like the electronic steering rack doing what it wants. I know there was a tsb for something like this for the 2010 a while back. I'd suspect the electronic steering rack.

yea its feels like something electrical...it does it for like 2-3 seconds then its fine...

JerryC

Established Member
The dumb question...
Have you checked your lug nuts?

I doubt they would just come loose, but somebody might have tried boosting them and got interrupted.

After that, take it to the dealer.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
So this has happened to me twice in the past week or so. I start to accelerate then arround 40mph or so, the front end of my car starts to act like it has a flat tire or something...then it corrects itself a few seconds later. I mean this is insane. I have to clue what it could be. I mean it literally wobbles side to side violently. Not just a rattle, but back and forth like I have two flat tires. Anyone experienced this or know what it could be??

Are there any mods (especially suspension) done to the car?

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member

If there was a TSB for the steering rack on the 2010 it certainaly would not apply to the 11 GTs, as the 2010 was still hydraulic power steering, and the 2011 switch to electric power steering.

Montanasvt

Established Member
the only mods on the car is an axle back, cai, and a tune. Completely stock suspension. After looking around on the web, it seems like a few people of have similar "wobble" issue as well, but I can't really find out much about it. The first time it happened I thought I had a flat tire, and pulled over with no flat. So then I thought well hell I got run flats...lol...but after happening again I now know something is up. It's hard to describe other than the fact that it really feels like I got two flat tires up front and goes away after a few seconds. It really worries me bc what if this happens with me going 70+ on the interstate or something. Im calling the Ford dealership in the morning and speaking with my buddy who's the service shop manager and see what he says. I will report back anything that he tells me.

BryanW

Established Member
Your not the only one with this problem. At first i thought it was the road i was on, I-70 highway that i drive to get home., thought i might have hit a rut in the road, and it acted up for about 3 seconds and went away.

I too thought my car had a flat tire as the wheel was wobbling back and forth, acted up right after i had gotten after it. No flat tire and then it happened a few months later.

Its never done it since, i thought maybe something stuck to the tire and then chucked it. 100% stock suspension with factory 19s. would suck if it had happened at 130mph+

5600 miles

Montanasvt

Established Member
Take the car to Ford an have it taken care of

Yea I am definitely planning on doing that, it just sucks when you try to explain a problem to them that doesn't occur that often and they will want to "see" what the car is doing and it won't do it when I take it to them. Maybe they will know about this issue.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
Yea I am definitely planning on doing that, it just sucks when you try to explain a problem to them that doesn't occur that often and they will want to "see" what the car is doing and it won't do it when I take it to them. Maybe they will know about this issue.

it may be hard to diagnos an intermitin problem like that. have you been able to make it do it or does it happen randomly?

Montanasvt

Established Member
it may be hard to diagnos an intermitin problem like that. have you been able to make it do it or does it happen randomly?

yea thats pretty much where I was getting at...It just happens randomly...its only happened twice, but its happened twice in about a 2 week span...I really hope it doesn't happen anymore, but if it does, I want it to go ahead and do it sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread