Front End Suspension - Looking for Advice

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Ever since going with wider R-Compounds in the front of my car (295 R888s), I've noticed a lot of deficiencies with the current suspension setup I have. In particular, I'm running into issues with bumpsteer as well as decreased turn-in response, so I'm looking to overhaul this last part of my suspension in the GT for better/safer handling. It's mostly an issue at higher speeds but has been scary several times on bumpier roads which previously I felt completely safe driving on at speed.

To provide some background, my car already has the following suspension mods:

- Eibach Pro System Plus Spings/Shocks/Struts (Lowered 1" Front, 1.5" Rear)
- Eibach Front Adjustable Sway Bar
- Eibach Fixed Rear Sway Bar
- Steeda LCA's + Relocation Brackets (Welded-In)
- BMR Adjustable Upper Rear Control ARM + Bracket
- Adjustable Panhard Bar
- Steeda Rear X-Brace
- Steeda Frame Rail & Torque Box Braces (Similar to Sub-Frame Connectors, Welded-In)
- J&M Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates

I'm looking at adding the following, can anyone chime in if there's anything I'm missing here or anything that might not work with my current setup?

- Steeda Mustang Bumpsteer Kit (05-14) Part Number: 555-8106

- Steeda Mustang Front Endlinks - Street/Comp (05-14) Part Number: 555-1053

- Steeda Billet Mustang Front Sway Bar Mounts (05-14) Part Number: 555-8113

- Steeda Mustang G-Trac Brace (05-14) Part Number: 555-5530

- BMR Front A-Arms

For the A-Arms, I'm not really sure what the difference in these sizes is and whether I'd really need the adjustable ones or not. The other thing I'm not totally sure about is if the sway bar mounts will fit the Eibach Sway-bars that I have.

I'll also mention I'm not really interested in a new K-Member at this time due to the increased NVH and complexity of the install. Is there anything else I should be looking at to beef up the front end in order to minimize bumpsteer and increase turn-in aside from going to different tires (Which I likely will once these R888s wear down)?

4.SLOW

Established Member
I do not believe the billet front seat bar mounts will work with the eibach sway bar. Those are made for the stock sway bar which if I remember correctly, is a different diameter than the eibach one.

Other than that, the other parts should work just fine for you.

Another part that could help with high speed stability would be the Energy Suspension front lower control arm bushing 4.3165R (http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=0_141_142_264&products_id=497). These are a pita to install, and can cause a little more nvh, but will eliminate the pressurized liquid filled bushing ford put in from the factory. The factory one is very prone to deflection under heavy corner loading.

Just wondering, at what point did the car get "scary"? After what mods?

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
Thanks for the advice and clarification.

Ever since I put the TVS Blower on, it's been a hell of a car, though I don't necesarrily attribute the extra power to some of the issues I've seen with imperfect roads and higher speed runs. What I noticed was a big difference in handling when I switched from the factory 19" 255 Pirelli's to 295/30/18 Toyo R888's on 18x10 SVE Drifts.

I think the real lack of sidewall has hurt me here, though they do perform admirably at the track. It's moreso that the soft compound really doesn't seem to like any roads that are shy of perfect, especially above highway speeds. It simply felt a lot more planted and stable with the Micehlins, and I think it just comes down to the difference in tire size and compound. Even if they're warmed up properly, any sort of bump or crack really throws the car off whereas previously it wasn't affected unless you're talking about something pretty noticable in the road that wouldn't be safe to drive regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread