front end squeeking!! plz help

svtcobra101

Established Member
this jus started like 2 days ago..ive been reading up and cant find anything to help me out,my cobra is at a dead stop,turn the wheel and itsqueeks really bad,,sounds like bushings or sumthin,my guess its the rack bushings goin bad on the car..plz give me some input,is this a common problem on our cars? and if it is the bushings wht brand do i get? thxs

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Take it to a shop and put it on a rack and turn it and listen for where the sound is comin' from...or do it with a buddy up front by the car in a garage and try to narrow it down...my advice

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Rack n pinion bushings. I bet if you jack the car up and take the weight off the wheels, it stops. Loosen the rack bolts and squirt some grease in there. Mine did this for a while until I lightly coated them with lube.

Last edited:

20psirabbit

Established Member
is the car lowered? do you have any suspension on it? when i got my car no noises at all, since i have put all the suspension on it, it seems to have accelerated the age of the rack bushings because they started making noise very quickly after.
i'm just going to hold off on it till i do the k-member and go alum. rack bushings.

Lawman

Established Member
this jus started like 2 days ago..ive been reading up and cant find anything to help me out,my cobra is at a dead stop,turn the wheel and itsqueeks really bad,,sounds like bushings or sumthin,my guess its the rack bushings goin bad on the car..plz give me some input,is this a common problem on our cars? and if it is the bushings wht brand do i get? thxs

The 03's had a TSB on that issue. When mine started to squeak, I brought it in and they changed out some bushings, and some components within the steering.

svtcobra101

Established Member
yes.car is dropped,,i will check it out and also lube up those bolts,,ill get back asap and let u guys know how it goes,,thxs

Users who are viewing this thread