Front end help?

Mac25

Established Member
I just noticed that my front wheels dont sit right. Here are some pics?
100_3606.gif

100_3616.gif

100_3617.gif

Dont know too much about the front end does anyone have a sugestion as to what the problem is.
***I was looking at my springs, the guy I bought the car from said that they were eibach's. However, all the eibach's that I have seen have their name on the springs. Mine do not. They are just black?? Thanks for the help guys***

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
You may just not be able to see where the name is, depending on how the spring is sitting.

Do you have C/C Plates? I'd get some, and give that bad boy and alignment! Problem fixed. :thumbsup:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
My camber is off also. The car doesn't pull or anything though. I'm going to be getting cc plates and new tires soon, my tires are wore out on the inside edge.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Watch for tire wear if it doesn't pull.
And 90% of pulling problems are tire problems anyway.
Our front end can make it look like alot of negitive camber when there really isn't much at all. It's sort of an optical illusion.
Mine looks almot the same and tire wear is perfect.
But what do I know, I only did alignments and custom race alignments for about 3yrs straight.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Looks like you have too much negative camber.....good for autocross

Here's some info:

Camber: The tilt of the tire relative to vertical. If the top of the tire leans inward (towards the engine) the car has Negative-Camber. If it leans outward, that is Positive-Camber.

- Negative-Camber gives the car more cornering grip and improves steering response.

- A car without enough negative-camber will understeer and wear the tread off of the outside-corner of the front tire.

-Too much Negative-Camber will wear the tread off of the inside corner of the tire
Camber should be adjusted to suit the use of the car

Type of Driving Camber*
Drag racing-no street use -.2° to -.5°
General street use -.7° to -1.1°
Aggressive street handling -1.2° to -1.5°
Road race / Autocross -1.8° to -2.5°

Specifications are for Ford Mustang only
Observe tire wear (street) or tire temperature (race) and adjust camber as necessary:
- More Negative-Camber (-2.0º) gives better cornering grip and more wear on the inside edge of the tire.
- Less Negative-Camber (-0.5º) gives less cornering grip and more wear on the outside edge of the tire.

Caster: is the how far the contact patch of the tire follows behind the imaginary line where the steering axis of the wheel intersects the ground. (Think of the front wheel of a shopping cart, where the wheel follows behind the steering axis.)
More Caster gives you straighter highway tracking with less "wander" and better self centering steering feel. It also makes the tires lean into the corner when turned, in effect producing more negative camber when the wheels are turned. This allows you to use less aggressive Negative-Camber settings, thereby improving the tire contact patch for better braking and reduced tire wear when the wheels are straight.

It is theoretically possible to have too much Caster, but to do so in a Mustang would require extensive sheet metal modifications. So for our purposes, we recommend the Maximum Positive Caster that can be achieved with our Caster/Camber plates. To get the most caster, push the top of the struts as far towards the rear of the car as possible when setting the alignment.

Note that the amount of Caster that can be attained varies with the year of the vehicle.
Year of car 1986-89 1990-93 1994 & up
Factory Specification
(Caster is not adjustable without C/C plates) 1.27 1.75° 3.6°
Typical Maximum Caster with Steeda C/C Plates 3.1° 3.4° 5.0° to 6.0°

Toe Settings. Toe-in or Toe-out describes the alignment of the front wheels relative to each other the same way you would describe your feet. Toe-in means they are closer together at the front than the rear.

We recommend factory Ford toe settings for all situations except track-only racing, where toe may be adjusted by the crew chief as needed. Factory toe settings are given in degrees. When setting the alignment with a tape measure (the way we do it at the racetrack) set toe to 3/32" total Toe-in. |

Mac25

Established Member
I have a slight, very slight alignment issue. Not noticeable to the average person, but we are not average when it comes to our cars...I thought about getting an alignment. Would the cc plates help at all? I will take a look at the steeda ones. I think I read that they make a 4 bolt one now? Any recommendations?Can I put these on my self then take it to get aligned? Do I need to do anything special when I put them on? Thanks for the info.
** I looked at all of 4 of my springs and nothing just black? Did they use to come like this from Eibach?***

HOLY CRAP!! $250 for cc plates from Steeda :uh oh: :eek: Does anyone recommended something else?

Last edited:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I'm thinking of going with the Steeda 4 bolt plates. They have them on ebay for much less than $250. I would go MM but have heard from many people that the Strange struts and MM plates make alot of noise. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread