Front End "Floaty" after teksid/Coil over install

Huff035

Established Member
Long story short.... I cracked the block and had a melted piston so I had a Teksid done up and at the same time got Maximum motorsports front coilover kit.

Here is my problem...Now the front end feels extremely floaty around turns and at higher speeds it seems to bounce on even the smallest bump. Just doesnt "hug" the road like it used to. I'm not sure if its because of improper coil over install perhaps or that i should have just changed something else because of the block? Maybe the front sway bar or something.

Current suspension suspension is:
MM front coilover kit w/ stock bilsteins 12/#275 springs
Stock sway bar with end links for a lowered car & new sway bar bushings

Rear:
Full FTBR bushing kit, deluxe bumpsteer kit, end links
H&R race springs

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :beer:

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Your spring rate is too low. You need to be at 325 lb/in. in the front with stock dampers. Especially with those rear springs.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
250 is a bit soft. Need at least 325's in the front for road hugging. Keep the 250's if you plan to drag the car alot, for better weight transfer.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
It's only 85 lbs or so. The 03-04 bar is fine. I'm running the stiffer steeda bar with a full MM front end and an NA teksid based weight in the front. The reduction in weight will actually be a welcomed improvement in handling with the higher spring rate. For instance, I'm on MM sport bilsteins with 375 springs up front with a 3150 lbs car.

Users who are viewing this thread