Front end clunking after suspension install....please help!

vicnkathy

Established Member
Hello. I installed the BBR FRPP springs, shocks, struts and GT500 mounts on my 2,000 mile Mustang GT. Car looks and handles great. The problem is now I have the dredded clunk!! I checked and rechecked EVERYTHING!! I torqued correctly, reused the stock spring isolators on my new front springs. I did a lot of strut installs in my time and this is a easy install. Problem is now over low speeds and speed bumps I here a clunking from the front end. It totally sounds like a bad strut mount. What gives?

jdcobra

Established Member
Wasn't their a tsb for front end suspension clunking issues? Especially in hot weather. I haven't been able to return to work yet but ill. Check it out when I do.

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
Check the end links in the front if not tight enough it will clunk. I know this because I had the same problem when I put coil overs on my car.

stewarts2008

Established Member
yup, me too. It was the front sway bar end links that attach to the strut..... torque those down. Im almost positive thats the issue.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
yup, me too. It was the front sway bar end links that attach to the strut..... torque those down. Im almost positive thats the issue.

agree it's likely the endlinks. makes for a really horrible son ding clunk.

Users who are viewing this thread