Front Coilovers

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
So ive been getting more and more into drag racing and ive got the itch to spend some cash. I'm going to mustang week again and this year promises to have more and better vendors this year, UPR being one of them. I'm thinking about some coil overs for the front. I do not intend to make this a track only car because i love driving it around town, anyone have any pros and cons of a coil over suspension, ride quality being the main factor. I'm very happy with the way my engine is performing with its setup but now its time for some weight loss and suspension setups.

gamebred26

Established Member
i just got my car back....i have the uprs and strange 10 ways...14-175 up front and sra fox body strange struts on a 10-175 out back..the front is a bit harsh trying to find sweet spot on the shocks as far as softness...rear feels good car seems to hook pretty good...i have teh nitto 315s which are not supposed to be as good as the hoosiers and my buddy spins his hoosiers in 3rd and i am making 100 plus more hp then him...530 vs 660....he is puzzled how i am hooking..lol me too....but hey cant complain about that...

they just ride very harsh if you are not on smooth roads..

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
Ok so steer away from coil overs and stay cheap with just the k member

MrSwa

Established Member
That really depends. I bought a used set of MM and I love them. I would like to get dampers that are better matched to the spring rate, but I've been very happy with them. Fairly sure I saved some weight too. Search and you'll find a ton more info.

mineral154

whatever
Established Member
i have aje k member/stock struts/mm coil overs/upr cc plates/steeda bump steer kit/dropped tie rods/no front swaybar on my street car. this is my seventh stang,first impression its a bit harsh. the k member is designed for rigidity you will feel this and the sound is well unique. suprisingly the lack of sway bar isnt very noticeable not sure if its the k member stiffness or coil overs. weight savings for my vehicle is a wash i believe due to the TT and associated hardware idk. i dont launch my vehicle so any weight transfer idk about either.clearance with a k member is awesome. hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread