Front coil lowering ?

Boston Blackie

Established Member
Hi Guys, I'm not a newbe here but I do manage to hide out in the background a lot. I'm interested in dropping the front of my '93 a couple of inches. Seeing as the search feature is down how about helping me out. I'm open to any and all suggestions that you may have. I'd like to make it easy on myself and just swap in a pair of coils. I don't seem to be having much luck finding any however. I'd really appreciate any help and suggestion that you may have to offer. Thanks in advance, Brooks.:shrug::shrug:

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
On some mustangs I have cut the coils. I bought a high temp blade (so it wouldn't heat up) plus I kept squirting it with water. I cut about a coil and a 1/4 off and it dropped it about 2 inches. You can start with about a coil and go from there. Or just buy some. DJM makes good stuff. I have used them on my ranger and I beat the crap out of it.

Diabolic

Established Member
You will have to find some used Eibach's or go with lowering I-Beams like Dream Beams. 3" drop with stock F150 springs or 4" with your Lightning springs. The Eibach springs are 1.5" lower than your truck sits now.

Boston Blackie

Established Member
Here's a question / suggestion for you guys. I'm looking to lower the front of my L using springs. I don't want to cut coils and none seems to make / sell springs for the early L's. So, I checked around and found that I can have a set custom made to my specs. My question is this: The price is $240.00 for one pair. They would be made to my / our specs, meaning that I could specify the drop as well as the spring rate. If there would be enough interest maybe we could get a better price for a group buy. What do you think? I'm just testing the water here at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread