Front Bumper Loose?

Emil

Established Member
Anyone else have a loose front bumper? I can lift mine up about 1" right where the fog light is. I looked under there and saw no way to tighten it either, any help in this area would be appreciated too.
Thanks

deadlift

Established Member
Bumper

I have a 2004 Cobra and yes the front bumper does have more play then I would have expected. I have not looked really hard, but I too could not see anyway of tightening it.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Remove the cheapshit plastic fasteners. Tap the holes and replace with bolts and nice big washers. Use Loctite; it's only thick enough for a couple of threads. Gets rid of 90% of the play.

metaman

Established Member
Mine has a lot of play in it to. The cheap plastic retainers broke when I went up an inline that I should not have.

mosconiac

Established Member
Search for "well nuts" or "expansion nuts". There are a couple of threads about how to use them to lock down the front fascia. I did it on mine and it barely moves.

Here's an example of the parts you need. You need to drill out the holes to just barely let the expansion nut thru. As the bolt threads into the expansion nut, it expands the nut and will not allow it to pull out of the hole.

IMG_9072small.jpg

IMG_9077small.jpg

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Great idea,,,just the bottom ones are replaced then??

Sonic Snake

Established Member
My cover was very loose. I checked my friends Cobra's and none of them flopped around like mine. So, I popped the bumper cover off to find that the real problem is the styrofoam piece that sits under the cover. There is no way that the little bolt replacement thing that the one guy above posted would have fixed my problem.

I appologize that I don't have pics to show, but there are two posts that are formed into the styrofoam (sp??, but just go with it) bumper. My two posts had worn down and allowed the bumper cover to flop. So I took a drill and made a hole through each end of the bumper cover and secured the styrofoam in place with these bolts. Bye-bye bumper flop. I put the cover back on with all of the stock fasteners and she flopped no more. Hope that helps.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Mine was really loose as well. I took mine off for my HE install and when I put it back on its solid as a rock now. Maybe something just needed adjusting or was loose? Whos knows but its all good now.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'll have to remove mine tomorrow and see what the problem with it is, since it too flops around about 1/2" inch when I'm washing it.. I'd hate to have it come loose when I'm doing tripple the posted speed limit..

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
They all do that. I'm on my 3rd new edge 'stang & they were all like that. I went to the dealer & every one I checked was the same.

Users who are viewing this thread