Front Bumper/Grille Camera-Anyone have one?

RC-5.0

Established Member
I got the Raxiom Nav unit installed and it's awesome. Was considering using the extra A/V line to install a front camera...would be great for me personally parking in my garage and approaching parking curbs. Just curious if anyone has installed a front camera (not inside car or on mirror, more like grille or bumper) and if so how it works and what brand (and where purchased.)
Thanks
RC

AMWill

I got the Raxiom Nav unit installed and it's awesome. Was considering using the extra A/V line to install a front camera...would be great for me personally parking in my garage and approaching parking curbs. Just curious if anyone has installed a front camera (not inside car or on mirror, more like grille or bumper) and if so how it works and what brand (and where purchased.)
Thanks
RC

Hey RC,

How are you liking the Raxiom system so far? I had the Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-Up Camera in my previous 2012 GT and absolutely loved it!

In regards to the front mount camera, although I have not installed one personally; a good friend of mine purchased the Raxiom unit to install in his Coyote that already had the rear view mirror mounted back up camera installed and therefore installed the camera that comes with the Raxiom unit in the front bumper.

It is a life-saver when it comes to tight parking spots and curbs, it is truly awesome and I would highly recommend doing it if you have the opportunity.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

RC-5.0

Established Member
Hey RC,

How are you liking the Raxiom system so far? I had the Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-Up Camera in my previous 2012 GT and absolutely loved it!

In regards to the front mount camera, although I have not installed one personally; a good friend of mine purchased the Raxiom unit to install in his Coyote that already had the rear view mirror mounted back up camera installed and therefore installed the camera that comes with the Raxiom unit in the front bumper.

It is a life-saver when it comes to tight parking spots and curbs, it is truly awesome and I would highly recommend doing it if you have the opportunity.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

Hey Will.
First off, please get me some photos if you can, and do you know the best place to by the camera with wiring?

As far as the unit...couple of positives and couple critiques.

looks and fits great...love the wiring without cutting and splicing
easy to learn and use.

Would like to see the grids on the backup camera
Maybe some more brighter vivid colors on the unit like the colors seen on the Nav map.
I like the USB connection in the glove box for updating.
Everything works perfect with stock system.

Install video from AM is horrible in terms of assisting. Would love to see a more complete and thorough video on install.

CONCLUSION --definitely worth what you pay and do not regret it. Would recommend it for anyone that doesn't want to spend $1000+ for after market equipment.
Thanks
RC

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
You can get a very nice aftermarket pioneer with nav and DVD, touch screen. Front and back up cameras Bluetooth , app abilities for $400-600 or so.

With that how does the Raxiom sense when to turn on the front camera?

RC-5.0

Established Member
You can get a very nice aftermarket pioneer with nav and DVD, touch screen. Front and back up cameras Bluetooth , app abilities for $400-600 or so.

With that how does the Raxiom sense when to turn on the front camera?

It doesn't sense and come on...you just push the A/V in line button and the camera turns on. You could actually drive with the front camera on, or ANY camera that is plugged in to that device. The "CAM" line is the one that engages when the car is in "R".
RC

Users who are viewing this thread