Front Brakes issue need Help

2face

Established Member
1st off the ABS light came on not sure why :bash:.. now the driverside caliper is rattling in the bracket and the brake pads seams to be sticking to the rotor ??? there is no free play in wheel when off the ground jacked up, there is no clunking or bumping in front end .. when I drive over bumps I can hear rattling until I step on brakes then it stops (rattling or Jiggling )!!! has anyone else had this issue ? does this mean the PINS that hold caliper into bracket are worn out ? or is the caliper freezing up ? the car does NOT pull to the driverside at all and when I got to work this AM I felt the rotor and it was NOT any hotter than the others

01yellercobra

Established Member
The rattle over speed bumps is probably due to missing clips. I didn't install the anti-rattle clips once and had the same noise. Maybe they randomly broke. If the pads were sticking you'd either have a pull when you stepped on the brakes or a very hot caliper.

The light might be a coincidence You can try cleaning the sensors and seeing if the light goes away. If it doesn't you'll have to pull the code.

Zemedici

Established Member
99% That the light is from the abs module itself, rather common problems with these cars. Mine's on currently and it came on in my 2004 cobra that I had.

modulemaster.com repairs the modules cheaper than you can buy a new module for, so that's the route I'm going to go.

2face

Established Member
ok thank you all , will check reservoir level , check for clips, and clean the sensors !!! happy veterans day

beeradd

Established Member
I had this happen to me recently.
After messing and checking for a few weeks I bought a new hardware kit for the front brakes ( new rod, anti rattle clips).
Blew me away but this solved my rattling issues when going over bumps...
I guess those anti rattle clips can get loose over time?
For $15 bucks it's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread