Front brake issues????

313Speed

Banned
I just rolled 13k on the ODO when grinding started on the front brakes. Swapping out the pads showed three had 1/4-1/2 the pad left... the last, the passenger inner pad was ground to metal.

After swapping pads and turning the rotor, I drove for about a week... the hole time the front suspension felt off. After taking the tires off, I noted that the passanger caliper and rotor were not secure, causing the off balance issue. Any ideas on this... seems like a Caliper issue to be, but could it be something else that is simple? Let me know... thanx.

stevieb

Established Member
If you never had the wierd feel before the reline other than the metal to metal, chances are it was left loose during the reline job.

313Speed

Banned
The feel is coming from the caliper being loose. I took the driver side off.. both the floating part of the caliper and the rotor are secure. The passenger side, the rotor is not locked in and the caliper has play in it. Any ideas on how to secure this... I'm wondering if there is an issue with the piston on that side. Might have caused the brakes to fail premature.

313Speed

Banned
Thats how I saw it.. the wheel would keep the rotor locked in. Only problem is, thats not working. Whatever it is, the caliper seems to be vibrating... thoughing the hole suspension off. I took it apart to check how the pads are loaded... looked fine, but they did the last time as well.

Now, I know the driver side is right because the rotor is nice and tight on the hub... and the caliper has zero play on it. Is there something I should look for to get the other side right? I know the rotors came with washers that locked the rotor down... do we need to replace those (it would be something simple like that for me...)

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
do you have the CLIPS on the pads? This kinda happen to me. Frunt started to make noise and after ** times of taking it off and putting it back I noticed that the Clips for the Pads were loose so I just spred them out and WALA no noise....

Hope this helps

silvercoffin

Established Member
QQQ

Sorry for the off topic Q but..

How do you get the rotors off?

Do they just pull off once you have the brake assembly off or is else something holding them on.

I wanted to get my rotors resurfaced but after banging on my rotors a bit they didnt come loose so I just put a set of new pads on. The brakes felt fine and it actually stops better now with the ceramic pads.

Users who are viewing this thread