Front Brake Duct Kits: What are my options?

amorrow

Established Member
I've made a quick decision to buy a front-brake duct kit for my '98. And I've checked the obvious sites - Maximum Motorsports, Griggs, Roush, something called Agent 47, etc. I see several mounting brackets that'll work at the brakes, but I don't see a bolt-on kit that allows me to simply swap my fog lights for an adapter going to the brake ducts as found on '95 R-models...and something like that is what I'm looking for.

I plan to call Griggs when they open, as I see they mention duct kits on their webpage, but have no info available. And I've PM'd the Anthony fellow on this forum who seems to sell a kit many recommend. But do I have any other options? Any info is appreciated.

And FYI, my car has stock brakes except lines and pads, supension is MM coil-over with OEM control arms, Baer bumpsteer outer rods, Steeda X2 ball-joints, 8.5" BBS RK wheels in front.

Thanks,
Adam

cobra-boss

Established Member
I went to Home Depot and found in the pluming section a black rubber adapter 6"or 6 1/2(I don't remember off the top of my head could have been larger) to 3" this adapter will slip over the fog light opening and tighten up with a large hose clamp, then just slid my 3" brake duct in. This has worked very well for me over the last few years, and a buddy just did the same thing to is 89 just needed a smaller adapter to work.

Jim

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Anthony is who I tried to link. I can't see the link. For some reason the system isn't letting links to members profiles.

amorrow

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I didn't know if OEM or similar '95R fog-light adapters were still available (which I don't know what they even looked like). But it seems the hardware-store rubber adapters cobra-boss mentioned will be my best bet for the facia attachments, so I'll give that a try along with one of the kits mentioned above.

Thanks again,
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread