Front brake cooling ducts in here for you Track Dawgz

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
s197brakeductsfb2.jpg

In case any of you S-197 guys are interested, I have front brake cooling ducts available for ALL iterations of the S-197. 2005-2008 Mustang V-6, Mustang GT, GT500, Shelby GT, GT500KR, GT500SS, Saleen, Roush you name it, these fit it. :-D

In case you have not seen the unpainted version mounted on my car for the Road America event I attended in '06:

pa120470bj2.jpg

They are constructed out of heavy gauge .090" Aluminum and all components are TIG welded. These are unlike most cooling ducts you will find out in the market place. These ducts are super high efficiency units that are also ultra light weight!

The price is for the ducts only. They bolt onto the spindle utilizing the same bolts that hold the splash shield in place once you remove it. The hose can be purchased either at your local race shop for big bucks or the RV section at Wally World disguised as 3" RV sewer hose. ;-)

For very serious track duty, if you want high efficiency ducting I suggest taking out the fog lights and going through the openings.

GT500onscales.JPG

There is a 4" to 3" sheetmetal reducing bushing taped to the front fascia to grab more air. I bought them at the hardware store. Any Home Depot or Lowe's store will have them.

Otherwise, for cars driven normally on the track, the factory provisions in the lower grill mounts should do just fine.

Right at this very moment I have three sets available. There is another batch in the works but I honestly do not expect them before the end of April.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Bruce

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ducts have been restocked and now come in a black anodized finish.

PM if you're interested.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Is there a way to run them without taking out the fogs?

You could easily install an inlet duct in the lower grill opening.

TTT

We are now handling these through the Full Tilt Boogie Racing site:

Full Tilt Boogie Racing Shopping Cart

They are part number FT 9200 for the pair of ducts.

We've recently completed an installation of a complete front brake cooling kit for a 2005 Mustang GT, complete with front lower grill inlets, hose and brake ducts. I believe this will fit Mustang GTs' from 2005 -2009. If there is interest in this complete kit let me know and we will get to work on it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
That's a good idea lol.
But won't that make the 3" wasted or is your brake duct plates still beneficial?

Personally, I'd rather see a 4" inlet on the front (to scoop maximum air) stepped down to 3" to the duct.

These cars are heavy, powerful and fast. The rotors contain a LOT of mass and require maximum cooling.

FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread