Front A Arm Recommendations Needed

ponyboy96

Established Member
Took my car in today to a reputable speed shop that does road course cars to have a high speed wheel balance and alignment done. Car had been having a nasty vibration in the front left after getting new tires a couple months ago. Got a call from them and they said the bolt in my A arm was loose and that’s where the vibration was coming from. Bad news, it has been loose a while and wallowed out the hole in that a arm and I’d need to get a new a arm.

Well, since I have to replace one anyways and stock replacement in $300 for one, might as well spend a little more and upgrade right? Any recommendations on front lower a arms? Should I go back to stock or upgrade to aftermarket? Car sees occasional road course weekends and some mountain roads. Not a daily driver. Any suggestions?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Took my car in today to a reputable speed shop that does road course cars to have a high speed wheel balance and alignment done. Car had been having a nasty vibration in the front left after getting new tires a couple months ago. Got a call from them and they said the bolt in my A arm was loose and that’s where the vibration was coming from. Bad news, it has been loose a while and wallowed out the hole in that a arm and I’d need to get a new a arm.

Well, since I have to replace one anyways and stock replacement in $300 for one, might as well spend a little more and upgrade right? Any recommendations on front lower a arms? Should I go back to stock or upgrade to aftermarket? Car sees occasional road course weekends and some mountain roads. Not a daily driver. Any suggestions?

You can get an OEM for like $90 bucks. Check this thread:

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/posts/15754637/

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Steeda takes the OEM front control arm and installs poly bushings and their longer ball joint.

ponyboy96

Established Member
You can get an OEM for like $90 bucks. Check this thread:

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/posts/15754637/

Yep, that’s who I always go through. Stock left side is $192. Not bad. Just wondering if aftermarket would be a better way to go. I have a late production 2010 so mine already has the 19mm joints.

Edit: the $192 is the incorrect part and is for the 18mm 07-early 2010. $92 is the 19mm part for late 2010-2013

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread