from srt to svt?

srt_4

Established Member
ok so i posted my 05 srt4 on craigslist for trade for a lightning. so the offer came i got a guy trading me a 00 ford lightning, truck seems to be in perfect condition except for the high mileage, truck has 166k miles and my srt4 bearly 66k. just looking for some opinions out there. please tell me what you think, i really want a lightning but i don't want to end up getting a truck that is gonna throw a piston rod in 40k more miles. any help will be appreciated

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
That is a LOT of miles on it.
If it was well taken care of it could last, but you have to expect for things to start wearing out and being replaced.
I mean even if the motor is in good shape, the trans could be suspect if not kept up with, not to mention wear items like brakes, hoses, shocks, cooling system parts, etc would add up I am sure.
If you were looking for something reliable for everyday, I would honestly say pass.
If you were looking for a nice weather driver that you didn't mind wrenching on and upgrading fairly soon (and often, lol), it may be worth it to you....

Obviously that would be a truck to check out in person and find out its overall and maintenance history, the owner and the "looks" of the truck would tell alot about it I am sure.

Kewlv8

Established Member
ok so i posted my 05 srt4 on craigslist for trade for a lightning. so the offer came i got a guy trading me a 00 ford lightning, truck seems to be in perfect condition except for the high mileage, truck has 166k miles and my srt4 bearly 66k. just looking for some opinions out there. please tell me what you think, i really want a lightning but i don't want to end up getting a truck that is gonna throw a piston rod in 4 more miles. any help will be appreciated

I would not trade for it. Too many miles and too many cheap 'low mileage' performance cars to be had to roll the dice on that one. Sell the SRT4 outright, and take your pick of the litter.... Good luck.

srt_4

Established Member
ok thanks for the help guys. i think i'm gonna pass on that lightning, hopefully another good offer will come out

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
your srt should be even trade for a lightning with the same miles (unless the lightning is below 40k miles

thats JMO i thought that srt4's were worth a few bucks still

srt_4

Established Member
your srt should be even trade for a lightning with the same miles (unless the lightning is below 40k miles

thats JMO i thought that srt4's were worth a few bucks still

yeah i think so 2 here's my number in case somebody is up for a trade text me at any time 682-241-4351 car is in texas

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
I would not trade a lighting for any SRT4 regardless of the miles! JMO

thats your opinion and i share it with you,

but you would be surprised at some 18 year olds that got their L for free that would

if the OP wants outta his SLOWpar let him come on over, hell im from the chevy sites

tonysailor

Established Member
as they good things come to people who wait, there are plenty of L deals out there.

With just the info provided.. I would pass on it.

T

srt_4

Established Member
yeah don't forget srt4 are 4 doors and can fit more people on it, and fast too. mine went 8.9's on the eight on street tires and spinning all the way to second gear. i think is a good deal for someone that wants a family car but stay in sport kind too.

SixtiesIron

Established Member
do trade + CASH

Then use the cash for built long block, and minor maintenance if needed. Nice thing about higher milage lightning (like mine was) when i bought it was, I'm not replacing more or less 'new' parts every time i upgrade.

i don't care about brakes condition, cuz i want to upgrade them,
i don't care about stock long block i want to upgrade it
i don't care about stock blower,...... ect...

The tranny and rear end are very sturdy in these trucks and can be checked in any tranny shop, if the tranny clutch packs are worn what a great oppertunity to, you guessed it, UPGRADE it, and add FTVB while you there :)

Either way an upgrade from the pee-on.

Ernie,
Sixties Iron

Users who are viewing this thread