From Lambo and zr1 to Fbody.... ?

blk03stang

Established Member
:dw: :D

Yes you read the title right. LOL. My zr1 and Lambo are gone:

nzepu0.jpg

The wife and I are going to build a new house this year so you get the picture, decided to dump the expensive toys to save money. I still had to have something in the garage though! I was looking for a mint 03-04 cobra, or a mint 98-02 Camaro. I ended up find this 2002 Camaro z28! It is pretty rare from what I read. It is a 1SC package car. From what I understand (correct me if im wrong) The 1LE was not offered for 2002 and the 1SC package replaced it. Same thing but has the regular z28 breaks/suspension instead of the 1LE breaks/suspension. Supposedly it is the lightest Fbody ever made. Incase you dont know the 1SC package is roll up windows, manual locks, no fog lights, no rear defroster, hardtop, cloth interior. Only options are A/C, Monsoon sterio. The car is an auto I have never modded/built up an auto so kind of excited to try it.

I bought the car a month ago, 18k orginal miles. It is really clean. When I bought it had a facotry SLP intake, Magnaflow cat-back, 3:73 gears.

How it looked when I got it:

15ri0e1.jpg

How it looks now:

xng47c.jpg

6fp07n.jpg

2qny6o2.jpg

69jbkp.jpg

2zo94et.jpg

I have lowered it with Eibach sportlines, Put the American Racing TQ Thurst II wheels on it, Nitto NT555 275's up front, 315's out back, Put in real HID's in the factory headlights, tinted it, Put a "beefed up" rear pumpkin cover, and a K&N to go in the SLP intake. Next mods will be removing those ugly exhaust tips, then longtubes, ported T/B, and tune!

Thanks for looking! :rockon:

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
Looks good! Always had a soft spot for those cars.. Priorities are priorities, you'll be back once you get everything in order! :banana:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I applaud you for doing what you felt was needed or want to do and that z28 is definitely clean....but there is no way in hell I would have sold the zr1. The lambo yes...and maybe some other vehicle that was not needed! :shrug:

So are you enjoying the z28?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Uh, wow... Well you're certainly going through a change and I definitely like the way the car sits now, I just can't imagine going from a Gallardo and ZR1 to an LS1 F-Body lol.

The Camaro looks perfect though, and seems exactly what I want. Just be prepared to catch all kinds of crap for your HIDs in the stock housings. :rollseyes

Also, finish with the bolt-ons then throw a stall at it.

gabe1530

Banned
nice z28. makes me miss my old 99 hardtop 6 speed.

i would have kept the zr1 even though it would take a little longer to save. but priorities are priorities.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Damnit Hurley those cars were supposed to be in a music video! lol

blk03stang

Established Member
You might want to schedule a dr's appt, somethings wrong..............

:lol: If it made since I would have kept both or at least one... but the wife and I both really want to build a new slightly bigger house this year.

Looks good! Always had a soft spot for those cars.. Priorities are priorities, you'll be back once you get everything in order! :banana:

Thats the plan! If I can time it right I am hoping to be in our new house by the end of the year and by that time my C7 should be coming in.... :beer: :rockon:

Didn't you just buy that lambo?

Yes end of November. (House thing obviously came up after the Gallardo purchase)

I applaud you for doing what you felt was needed or want to do and that z28 is definitely clean....but there is no way in hell I would have sold the zr1. The lambo yes...and maybe some other vehicle that was not needed! :shrug:

So are you enjoying the z28?

I will for sure miss the zr1 more. That car was nasty! I am actually loving the z28! It is so simple and still fun to drive!

Uh, wow... Well you're certainly going through a change and I definitely like the way the car sits now, I just can't imagine going from a Gallardo and ZR1 to an LS1 F-Body lol.

The Camaro looks perfect though, and seems exactly what I want. Just be prepared to catch all kinds of crap for your HIDs in the stock housings. :rollseyes

Also, finish with the bolt-ons then throw a stall at it.

It is a big change... when I drove the camaro I was like "thats it?" LOL.... Good point with the stall, I will probably do that after I finish the bolt ons!

nice z28. makes me miss my old 99 hardtop 6 speed.

i would have kept the zr1 even though it would take a little longer to save. but priorities are priorities.

If I could have I would have! :beer:

Damnit Hurley those cars were supposed to be in a music video! lol

LOL

DaBigBone

Established Member
Props to you for having your priorities straight. I sure as hell wouldn't be able to do it.

Was going to guess C7 before I even saw your reply :banana:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Must be related to this guy. Went from 04 Cobra to 01 Cobra to 98 Cobra to VW Beetle.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...raded-my-98-cobra-show-me-your-hate-svtp.html

All joking aside, as I've been doing house upgrades lately I've found a new hobby in homes. Must be exciting to build a new one! I've thought about selling my Terminator for a down payment on another place.

I also just picked up a red Z28 just like yours about a month ago. Already did a set of longtubes, trans, yank converter, o/r y pipe, 3.73s, and waiting on a tune now.

1-56.jpg

And now, patiently waiting for my new hood, and spring time to get here! I've never even drove it. Went out to pick it up, put it in the trailer, took it home unloaded it put it on the lift and tore it apart haha.

8328963906_d85ee5dc99_b.jpg

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Totally understand why u sold the good toys but a zero option auto f-body? That would get old really quick to me, me but to each there own.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Damn, that Lambo is a house all by itself. Lol. But I have to respect somebody for wanting a nice home. After all, houses appreciate. Cars seldom do. Good luck to you man. Give us some numbers when you get that Camaro "finished".

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
F that.. you can live in your car but you cant drive your house....

in all seriousness. I love my house. its nice and what I need but If I had what I have now and wanted to sell off my toys for a bigger, more baller house.. that wouldnt happen. I enjoy being in the garage and playing with my toys. Granted my toys are not expensive are yours though. but my blood bleeds motor oil forever.

Last edited:

icd_rob

Sonic Blue PGT
Established Member
Understandable on getting rid of the expensive toys. Camaro is clean and looks very nice but ouch on automatic with no options pretty much.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i would sell my 2004 corvette Z06 before i would sell my 2001 Camaro SS. nice find to the OP on the clean low mileage 2002 Z28 :thumbsup: i am the original owner of my catfish and it has 24,000 miles on it. i have a 600 hp 402 ci race motor that i am putting into it this fall :-D i already have a built Turbo 400 trans in it with a Spooled Strange 12 bolt :coolman:

new_JKP4826-72dpi.jpg

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Damn, that Lambo is a house all by itself. Lol. But I have to respect somebody for wanting a nice home. After all, houses appreciate. Cars seldom do. Good luck to you man. Give us some numbers when you get that Camaro "finished".

my 2006 Ford GT is the only car i have ever owned that has held its value :coolman:

leftlane86gt

Established Member
Why not go with a 06 or 07 Z06. Those seem to be pretty reasonable in price and way faster than the Z28. The car is really clean but not sure I could step that far back in performance. This is in a "bashing" comment, just curious. Hats off to you for having your priorities in line. My house remodel is why my car is still dry docked. You just can't live comfortable in a car lol.

Users who are viewing this thread