From Indiana to New York: My New 2014 Grabber Blue GT500

evil eye

Established Member
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time thread starter. After months of searching, deciding on options and colors, my GT500 arrives today. I settled on Grabber Blue for a few reasons. 1) My wife and I rented a '12 convertible in GB on our honeymoon 2) the only Mustang specific color 3) heritage and retro, just like the body style 4) Owned black cars all my life and wanted something that really stood out this time around :D. It has every option available for a coupe, including glass roof, which I believe makes it pretty rare, and there are only 14 miles on the odo. I got it for MSRP, no markups, which isn't so bad considering this car was outfitted exactly as I wanted it. At some point today, I will get a phone call that my car will be arriving soon and I will likely go through the roof with excitement. Here are some teaser pics of the car being loaded on to the truck at Lake Shore Ford in Indiana. Great group of guys there, especially Kyle Hiestand. I'm excited to join the Shelby family and I'll post updated pics, after I drive it of course! :)

image_zps06aa22d8.jpg

image_2_zps63729669.jpg

image_4_zpse8ec3608.jpg

image_5_zpsf80795b0.jpg

And on 11/4 around 3pm, the car finally arrived!

Look at my sh*t eating grin. Little did I know that I would be wearing this face for the rest of the day.

DSC00831_zps38102178.jpg

DSC00832_zps555af305.jpg

DSC00833_zps51635e4c.jpg

DSC00835_zps70d5ef4d.jpg

DSC00836_zps4a6271c8.jpg

DSC00837_zpsa64e9ec3.jpg

DSC00838_zps773760dd.jpg

DSC00840_zpsbef4e5a8.jpg

DSC00841_zps22c82a4b.jpg

When I saw this keychain, I immediately thought of that old saying, "throwing the hammer down," and since I'm a fan of Marvel comics, I felt it was an appropriate purchase.

DSC00853_zps48370e28.jpg

Last edited:

SlowVert

Established Member
Good luck with the car... it's beautiful...

One word of caution... take it easy on your first couple rides with the temps we have here... I was out yesterday in the upper 40's and it's almost like driving in the rain - the traction sucks in the cold!!!

You'll love it... it's a great car.

J.

evil eye

Established Member
Thanks guys! Yes, I've been reading up on the car, and heard everyone's warning about the tires in low temp conditions. I plan on babying her until I can really feel her out. Which unfortunately, probably won't happen until spring. :(

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That leaves you plenty of time to stare and to think about the order of the mods you'd like to do!

Congratulations and welcome to SVTP.

Tob

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Awesome. Congrats!

And as others said, watch the temps! This car demands respect in all weather though lol

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Awesome! That's exciting stuff, especially since the car has a good amount of meaning to it, congrats - she's an awesome machine.

If there's anything we can help you with once you get your hands on the power, please let us know!

5.0 guy

Established Member
Beautiful car, the first day you sit behind the wheel is the start of a great bond! Don't make the new wife to jealous!

Husky44

Established Member
Beautiful! I've got the black stripes and love them, but really like the white too. Definitely not as common a combo, and your seat stripes will actually stand out.

Congrats, you're going to love it!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Congrats on the Shelby!

I also have a GB with white stripes and glass roof. Great combo and very striking. You won't believe how much you will enjoy the car. And yes, be careful with the power. The torque is crazy.

Tom

stangpride04

ZL what?
Established Member
Congrats again! Can't wait to see pics of it in the future. Thank you for all your patience! Thanks for the reps as well. Keep those beers cold haha :beer:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Glad to see everything worked out for you Evil Eye AND that you didn't pass up on your dream car to save a grand or two. MSRP is a fine deal and if you are like me you can blow $1000 to $2000 in a month on crap. Might as well this time blow it on something you will love!

Enjoy it safely and in good health. And welcome to the club!

Mark

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I could have swore I posted this in this same thread yesterday, but since it seems to be missing: "Congrats and welcome to the Grabber Blue glass roof club!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread