From A Roll With An Impala

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I was on my way out of town for a few hours today when I pulled up next to a purplelish Impala SS. It was mid 90's I think. The more powerful ones with the V8's. It looked stock to me and even sounded relatively quiet. I even turned down my music for a listen. Pretty quiet. We were rolling at about 65 on the interstate. I was by myself and this older fellow was with what I assumed was his wife. I downshifted into third and as soon as he heard my car,he bolted. Whatever he had that I didn't hear or see was quite scary because he proceeded to rock my world up to about 110. When he slowed his roll and I caught up,he gave me a thumbs up and I did the same. Damn fast car.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
I was on my way out of town for a few hours today when I pulled up next to a purplelish Impala SS. It was mid 90's I think. The more powerful ones with the V8's. It looked stock to me and even sounded relatively quiet. I even turned down my music for a listen. Pretty quiet. We were rolling at about 65 on the interstate. I was by myself and this older fellow was with what I assumed was his wife. I downshifted into third and as soon as he heard my car,he bolted. Whatever he had that I didn't hear or see was quite scary because he proceeded to rock my world up to about 110. When he slowed his roll and I caught up,he gave me a thumbs up and I did the same. Damn fast car.
heheheh yeah it could have been anything in there, impallas come stock with a 5.7 liter LT-1 with 325 ft/lbs torque and 265 horsies, but with all the goodies they have they top out @ 4400-4500 lbs....... sooo maybe he had a LS-1 or LT-4, but I doubt it, more than likely he had a chip and a nice exhaust.........

heres what i had in mine
1996 Chevy Impala SS 350 LT-1, Procharger Supercharger w/ 8 PSI Modifications: 3.73 gear, 52MM throttle body, LT1 aluminum head motor, 2-1/4" flow master with cross over, Hypertech Power Programer Plus, SLP headers, SLP cold air induction, K&N dual fiters, 1.6 Rocker arms, aluminum drive shaft

Best time 1/4 12.875 @ 110.5

wZ83614.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread